Georges on Waymouth in Adelaide
One of Australia's Best European cuisine restaurants
Georges on Waymouth was established in the heart of Adelaide's CBD by George and Voula Kasimatis in November 2002, with the aim of serving fresh seasonal produce with impeccable service in a classic European setting. The ambient dining room is stylish and minimalist, with crisp linen tablecloths, high ceilings and wooden floorboards.
Undeniably a crowd-pleaser, Georges on Waymouth continually strives for excellence among locals and interstate guests. In its more than 14 years of operation, it has grown from six to 23 staff, with its service expanding to breakfasts and lunches five days a week (Monday to Friday) and dinners from Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Offering customers the ultimate dining experience in a warm, minimally magnificent environment where beautifully- orchestrated dishes, fresh produce, fine wines and great coffee are offered, all complemented by excellent customer service, it has received many accolades.
So if it's breakfast, lunch, dinner, a private function or even a quick espresso, be assured George and his award-winning team are there to service your needs. Attention to detail has always been so important that all the breads, pasta and desserts are made on the premises daily with the freshest produce available.
The seasonal menu changes quarterly, with strong influences from Greek, Italian and Spanish cuisines, featuring stunning delights such as scallops, morcilla, rhubarb and pumpkin puree. Tortellini of lobster, carrot beurre blanc and watercress are also among the best selling items, yet their signature dish is the Lamb Press. The pancetta, mustard fruits, parsnip and apple candy are sensational, while their famous date and green tea ice cream is closely competing with the fig and goat's cheese tart.
The menu is of course matched with an internationally- acclaimed wine list of local vineyards and imported varietals, although the owners take pride in the fact that one of the best wine sellers at the restaurant comes from Greece.
Georges on Waymouth 20 Waymouth St, Adelaide, SA 08 8211 6960 www.georgesonwaymouth.com.au
- Register Now
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution
- Heritage Victoria gives green light for Evangelismos Church restoration
- €300 million investment in smoke-free product manufacturing facility in Greece
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- This March we march for endometriosis
- Greece faces Belgian roadblock on road to Russia
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
Paulo Bento becomes the third coach to depart from the Reds' club this season.
Nikos Fotakis reflects on the week in Greek news starring Eurogroup president Jeroen Dijsselbloem.
The Greek Australian tennis star is back after upstaging second seed Novak Djokovic.
Robin Scott lashes out while FECCA gives cautious welcome to government statement.
Food For Thought Network raises awareness and takes action towards promoting women's development.
Helen Marcou was inducted to the Victorian Honour Roll of Women, for her work in supporting live music venues and tackling sexual harassment and discrimination.
The redevelopment has been made possible by a funding contribution of $350,000 from the Victorian Government.
Director Stathis Grapsas' once again gives a powerful voice to marginalised groups in society who are often left unheard.
The new Hellenic Scholarship will give students living in Greece or Cyprus the opportunity to study in Australia.
There's never been a better time to be a football agent.
Clothing label The Kooples is presenting a free photography exhibition in Melbourne this month as part of VAMFF.
My Big Fat Greek Week
Dean Kalimniou delves into the Greek Revolution of 1821, from the origins of the word to what it has meant for the Greek people.
The 27-year-old came first in the women's pole vault event in Serbia.
Former head coach of both Greece's men's and women's senior teams, Sakis Kechagias brings his international experience to the role.
Two Greek entrepreneurs are behind OLEO, designed to be taken as a nutritional supplement for its health benefits.
Technology can play a big role in providing children with a linguistic experience in line with the modern urban world in Greek, and help supplement their vocabulary.
The abundance of meat-free recipes in the Mediterranean culture ensures Lent feels like a walk in the park. Try these tasty Greek recipes from foodies around the world.