Greek woman kicks gypsy child
A shocking image of a Greek woman kicking a gypsy child playing the accordion has gone viral on the internet
A shocking image of a Greek woman kicking a gypsy child playing the accordion has gone viral around the internet. The image - shot by Associated Press photographer Dimitris Messina - has captured a young Roma girl playing the accordion in the pedestrian zone in front of the Acropolis, at the same time receiving a kick from a shop owner in the area.
- Register Now
- 'Australian influence all over me' says Varoufakis
- Speak Greek in March garners more support
- The Fat Duck's Greek manager
- PM denies Greece will seek third bailout
- Greece's lenders skeptical on new bills
- Festival Hellenika launches in South Australia
- Kyrgios out of Australia's Davis Cup clash
- Panathinaikos deducted three points
- Parliament pays tribute to Kostas Nikolopoulos
- Xenia in Sydney
- Five-year-old thrown out of church by priest
- Pan-Lemnian Organisations gather in Melbourne
- The 'Aussie' who may save Greece
- Vic police need your help to find missing man
- Food and healing in ancient Greece
- Never on Sunday - always on Saturday
- Tsipras has sights set on Australia
- Grandfather puts up unexpected fight
- Bobolas hoarding house up for land value sale in Bondi
- Four in 10 new pensioners aged under 62
This year, the highly-successful event will be held on Valentine's Day weekend, 14-15 February, set in the stunning surrounds of Darling Harbour.
MPs Maria Vamvakinou and Anna Burke honour NK journalist Kostas Nikolopoulos in a moving session of parliament.
The club has welcomed many Greek players and promoted the sport to a new multicultural community.
Catering to the influx of families living in the neighbouring Docklands, Port Melbourne and Southbank areas, the school will be one of the first in the area.
As part of the Greek and Gay's 20th anniversary, the support network is hosting a night cruise.
Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou has thanked Mark Bresciano for his service to the Australian team.
Eurovision host Julia Zemiro says the Greek Australian community's obsession with Eurovision could help bring some extra points to the crisis-hit country.
Greece made a formal request for a loan extension Thursday, offering major concessions.
Greece's humanitarian approach to asylum seekers is in stark contrast to Australia's policy.
In a bid to stay ahead of the curve, Fender Katsalidis will install a virtual golf range in their new Melbourne boutique apartment complex.
Andrew Jackomos slams Abbott government on Indigenous disadvantage.
Greek prime minister Alexis Tsipras says they've made "significant steps".
Protypo Greek Centre's Dr Maria Gindidis says the benefits of immersing your child in a bilingual environment as early as possible are staggering.
Melbourne Victory finally have their captain back, but will it be enough to finally get three points off Sydney FC?
Greece's finance minister is hopeful the two sides will agree at second Eurogroup meeting.
Family affair: PAOK's coach, Soulis Markopoulos, was beaten by his son's team Koroivos Amaliadas.
Does the Greek Australian community endorse February 14 celebrations?
PAOK is hoping to use some kinder fixtures to launch a comeback and return to the top of the ladder.