If there is one celebrity who always seems to get their make-up right, it’s Jennifer Lopez. The sexy latina is notorious for her brown smokey eyes, glowing, golden complexion and that perfect nude lip. But even J.Lo didn’t always have it right.
Back in the early 90s around the time she starred in Money Train, she sported a paler complexion, unruly hair and a dark lip which actually made her appear older than what she does now!
Fast forward to the Jenny From the Block days of the late 1990s/early 2000s and enter the glossy, nude lip.
Mrs Lopez also added caramel highlights to her hair which instantly brightened her complexion and went loco with fleshy and tonal eyeshades.
She complemented her eyes with peach and bronze tones on her cheeks, finishing off with a highlighter for perfectly sculpted cheekbones.
She swapped her unruly hair for straight locks, or tousled waves. Other times she slicked back her hair into a sleek pony tail look which she often paired with hoop earrings to form her signature ‘ghetto glam’ look.
Today Mrs Lopez is looking better than ever- it’s like Jenny from the Block has frozen the time clock and travelled to Eggleston Hall Finishing School (Ladette to Lady) and come back, only more refined, but without having aged a bit!
She knows how to glam it up without being over dramatic, and manages to pull off the most sultry, smokey eyes that only Kim Kardashian seems to have gotten close to achieving. With the party season about to kick up its killer heels, it’s time to amp up the glam factor on your makeup look!
ModelCo Makeup Director, Leiane Taylor, who has worked with everyone from Nicole Richie to Helena Christensen shows you how to get J.Lo perfect smokey eyes.
1. First blend ModelCo COLOURBOX Eye Shadow in Costa Rica (a shimmery neutral shade) from brow-bone down to the crease
2. Next apply COLOURBOX Eye Shadow in Miami (a deep bronze shade) across the lid and blend into the crease
3. Use COLOURBOX Eyeliner in Black to line the top lash line, pull the skin taught so that you can get close to the lash line, also line the inner eye rim top and bottom for added depth, smudge the edge of the line slightly with your finger
4. Use COLOURBOX Eye Shadow in Cairo (a black shade with gold flecks) to blend slightly around eye for depth and intensity blending down and around - not out.
5. Curl the top lashes with Turbo LASHWAND Heated Eyelash Curler.
6. Finish by applying FIBER LASH Brush On Lashes to the top lashes for extra drama, then just use the extension mascara (without the fibres) on the lower lashes. ModelCo is available at David Jones, selected independents & www.modelco.com.au
- Register Now
- Eurovision 2013: The kitsch and the high notes
- Kewell dumped by Al Gharafa
- Greeks abroad may help Greece and Cyprus recovery
- Lora Mokbel farewelled
- Director Oliver Stone wishes Tsipras 'good luck'
- Migration intake stays the same
- Triple header match day with Belmore United
- Greek Australian women talk: how to make a succesful career?
- Heristanidis shortlisted for NSW Premier's Literary Award
- Battle of Crete Anniversary to be commemorated at Cenotaph
- 8 May 2013 | 12 Votes
- 15 May 2013 | 9 Votes
- 8 May 2013 | 8 Votes
- 3 May 2013 | 8 Votes
- 13 May 2013 | 7 Votes
- 24 Apr 2013 | 6 Votes
More from this Section
- Napoleonic proportions
- 50 kgs in 12 weeks: Jordan's weight loss journey
- Elissa Gia takes out Vic’s top makeup award
- Πέντε συμβουλές για μείωση του άγχους και καλύτερη υγεία
- Bronzed beauty
- Honey: Is it really the bees knees?
- Sex and the City 2: get the look
- Greek hairdressers make the chop
- Minx is the new nails
- Can you beat cellulite?
Greek Australian owned cosmetics company 'Kroma' is taking the Kardashians to court over naming their company 'Khroma'
NSW parliament "condemns the genocides of the Assyrians, Armenians and Greeks, and all other acts of genocide as the ultimate act of intolerance"
Troika could be taken to court for not complying with their own laws
The Greek sponsored club tried for a second time to buy the club, putting $3.5 million on the table
Whincup claimed a comfortable victory in the second race
The Victorian government's grants program will fund improvements to community-owned facilities up to $100,000
Greek supporters left without Greek derby, as Oakleigh Cannons decide not to enter the FFV Knockout Cup match with South Melbourne
Thanasi Tiliakos' scholarship to Scots College is a dream come true
A dancer for more than 15 years, 20-year-old Natalie Marinopoulos will shine in the world's first amateur production of the famous musical, The Phantom Of The Opera
Former Defense Minsiter Akis Tsochatzopoulos is in court over laundering kickbacks from procurement contracts
Demure family matriarch gets respectful send-off
University Entrance Exams begin today after Greek teachers call off strike
The Victorian Premier League returns this weekend with Round Five, and South Melbourne welcome Richmond Eagles, and their new coach, in their first home game this season
Open to the general public, the lecture by professor Vrasidas Karalis is a highlight in the Brisbane lecture series
Community involvement will save dwindling programs like Ancient Greek says Professor K.O Chong-Gossard.
A conversation with three succesful women in finance and banking will give advice on how to succeed in business
A lecture on Ancient Greek jewellery 'Mycenaean to Hellenistic' will be on this Wednesday at the Greek Community Centre in South Brisbane
The competition includes works written in the Greek or English language in the following categories: Poetry, Short Story and One Act Theatrical Play.