Melbourne's tastiest chooks
Helen and Jim Hallyvopoulos have taken rotisserie chicken to a whole new level
It was back in 2010 when Jim and Helen Hally (short for Hallyvopoulos) started their chicken business, and now they not only number three eateries, but over 47,700 followers on Instagram alone.
What started from a personal need for healthy, gluten-free chicken has shifted Melbourne's comfort food reality, receiving praise from famous chefs including George Calombaris.
From the moment Jim Hally made the decision to venture into the restaurant business to the day he opened the doors of the first shop in East Malvern, he hadn't stopped practicing his roasting skills.
It was while cooking at home that he came up with his secret seasoning recipe that everyone on social media has been talking about.
As a family they realised early on that a proper healthy diet based on fresh ingredients has tremendous benefits to one's overall well-being; they focused on creating some balance between people looking for a healthy alternative and those who want to have "that burger with the chips".
The Hallys take pride in the freshness of their food, and all those natural flavours that go into it to enhance it. They use natural herbs and spices and products from local producers in an effort to support their community.
The couple pay extreme attention to every detail because as they say, "you are only as good as the last thing you sold today".
Apart from sourcing staff and fresh produce from each shop's local community, the Hallys also support their 'network' through charity. Having been through hardship themselves, and being the big-hearted, bubbly personalities they are, they started ringing around organisations surrounding the chicken stores to ask them if they needed extra food.
Do not miss out on their chicken burger, and definitely try the whole roasted chicken paired with one of their funky salads, whether it be the quinoa or the juicy Greek.
For more, like Chicken Central on Facebook www.facebook.com/ChickenCentralGroup and follow on Instagram @chicken.central
• 176 High St, Ashburton - (03) 9885 3581
• 534 Glenferrie Rd, Hawthorn - (03) 9818 4488
• 417 Whitehorse Rd, Balwyn - (03) 9836 6703
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- New animation by Pixar veteran based on Greek myths
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
The National Theatre of Northern Greece is on a mission to restore and maintain the Forest Theatre in Thessaloniki.
Theodore Kyriakou's awarded casual diner has brought King's Cross back to life.
Let's clear up the 'patriot' myth, once and for all.
Winning entries will be published in the 63rd issue of the annual bilingual periodical Antipodes.
Nikos Fotakis imagines a world where Section 18c of the Racial Discrimination Act is abolished and nobody cares about being politically correct.
But it is not the fault of Syriza.
Two Greek entrepreneurs are behind OLEO, designed to be taken as a nutritional supplement for its health benefits.
There's never been a better time to be a football agent.
The matter relates to a controversial decision regarding a settlement with former board member Aldrin De Zilva.
South Melbourne fans will cheer their team on as they travel to the Dandenongs to take on Monbulk Ranges SC.
My Big Fat Greek Week
The Greece-based company was awarded the Top Rated Retail Interiors Project 2016 award.
Made from a family recipe with real milk, owner John Konstas couldn't be happier about the win.
Despite the crisis, Energean Oil & Gas has made a significant step towards international success.
Attorney Christos Iliopoulos on how to ensure your will is valid in Greece.
John Vithoulkas explores what defines a modern Greek: Name? Blood? Or heart?
Paulo Bento becomes the third coach to depart from the Reds' club this season.
'O Drakos /The Ogre of Athens' is considered by many to be the best Greek film of its time.