Strong start to the season for Hercules
Last weekend Northcote City began its new campaign to win promotion back to the top tier on the right foot
Northcote City began its new campaign to win promotion back to the top tier on the right foot, with a winning road trip to Bendigo City last weekend to return with a five-goal haul. The 5-0 win gave new coach Zeljko Kuzman a memorable start and featured five different goalscorers, including a number of new signings.
Alec Goodwin and Josh Knight scored first-half goals, followed by Baggio Youssif, Nick Bavcar and James Papadimitriou. City hopes to back up its good opening round result when it takes on Melbourne Victory FC Youth, away at Epping stadium on Saturday.
Brunswick City also began its campaign on a bright note with a 3-1 win away to Ballarat thanks to a brace by prolific marksman Adam Wright and a single to new recruit Cameron Neales. New keeper Seb Mattei also played his part with a penalty save. Brunswick travels to Werribee City this Saturday for a late afternoon kick-off.
In NPL 2 E, a young Box Hill United side endured scorching conditions to gain a point away at Murray United in its opening round match. This Saturday, United hosts Eastern Lions at Wembley Park.
The NPL 1 season kicked off on Thursday evening at Jack Edwards with the Hellenic derby between Oakleigh Cannons and Kingston City, followed on Friday by premiers Bentleigh Greens hosting Green Gully.
Saturday sees another Hellenic derby featuring Heidelberg United and Port Melbourne Sharks at the Olympic Village, followed on Monday by the last match of the round, between Bulleen Lions and South Melbourne FC at the Veneto Club.
- Register Now
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution
- Heritage Victoria gives green light for Evangelismos Church restoration
- €300 million investment in smoke-free product manufacturing facility in Greece
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- This March we march for endometriosis
- Greece faces Belgian roadblock on road to Russia
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
Recommendations to EU and national leaders to end the disappearance, suffering and exploitation of children in migration.
When States pave the way forward, forcing the Federal government to follow.
Only 17, and still at school but could he be the next great winger to come of Dutch football's assembly line?
Emmanuel Santos and Carol Gordon explore the community's history from 300 BCE to now through photography and film.
The three-day festival has an impressive program of critical conversations, music, film, and performances, including author of The Good Greek Girl Maria Katsonis.
If we need to save the language, we might want to reconsider our educational strategy, and our connection with it.
Leonidas Petrakis on how the diaspora, and particularly Greek Americans, can do their part to assist Greece and Cyprus.
The European Commission says exports will be the main opportunity for Greece to recover economically.
'O Drakos /The Ogre of Athens' is considered by many to be the best Greek film of its time.
Victorian Chief Commissioner Graham Ashton on the growing concern of young people committing serious and violent crimes.
SETE's chief Andreas Andreadis says Greece needs a new vision for the future to overcome the economic crisis, and that vision is tourism.
The latest product to be released in Chanel's skincare range includes a special ingredient from Greece.
Senator Nick Xenophon is shaking up South Australian politics with the launch of new party SA Best and candidates who have real-life skills and experience.
Eleni Kollias-Panagakis and mum Angie head Chicago-based Limani Designs, creating bespoke events that are all about the detail.
A feast of Hellenic flavours on Australian television.
This month Toli Koutsimanis will come up against Victorian Heavyweight champion, Mini Nachar in the fight to continue his undefeated professional record.
Arsenal had the biggest aggregate defeat by an English team in the Champions League.
Try this unique White Bean and Herb Olive Oil Cheesecake recipe by Melanie Underwood from the Institute for Culinary Education in New York City. You won't regret it.