Dora's recipe: almond soup
Dora Kitinas-Gogos gives us her recipe to the summer almond soup
Serves 6 to 8
1/2 kilo blanched almonds 5 slices of stale bread (without the crust) 2 cloves garlic 2 tablespoons with vinegar 1 cup of cold water Parsley for garnish 1/2 cup olive oil Salt to taste
1. Place almonds with garlic in a blender and blend with a little salt.
2. Soak bread and strain from water and put in blender with the cold water and the, a little more salt and the vinegar.
3. Beat till it becomes fine and jelly like.
4. Depending on how thin or thick you want this soup to be, add extra water and salt to taste.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour at least.
6. When serving put one tablespoon of olive oil on top of each serving and a spring of parsley.
- Register Now
- Kewell dumped by Al Gharafa
- Greeks abroad may help Greece and Cyprus recovery
- Lora Mokbel farewelled
- Director Oliver Stone wishes Tsipras 'good luck'
- Migration intake stays the same
- Triple header match day with Belmore United
- Greek Australian women talk: how to make a succesful career?
- Heristanidis shortlisted for NSW Premier's Literary Award
- Battle of Crete Anniversary to be commemorated at Cenotaph
- Multicultural facilities allocated restoration funds
- 8 May 2013 | 12 Votes
- 15 May 2013 | 9 Votes
- 3 May 2013 | 8 Votes
- 8 May 2013 | 8 Votes
- 13 May 2013 | 7 Votes
- 24 Apr 2013 | 6 Votes
The ring is said to have transported hundreds of kilos of cannabis from Albania to Western Europe
Philhellene Restaurant will be opening its doors come Anastasi to give Greek migrants and fellow Greek Australians away from their families a home this Easter
Coach Graham Arnold still has high hopes for a win next week
The Hellenic Women's Federation of Victoria will be holding a flower filled event for May Day
Sunk in recession for the past six years and struggling to steer its economy through painful austerity cuts, Greece now faces a fertility crisis as well.
Cafe owners embrace goodwill scheme for the less fortunate
Senator claims Labor's asylum seeker policy is the reason for the government turning a blind eye to the Malaysian election result
NSW government donated of $29,450 to the Greek Orthodox Parish and Community of the Holy Apostles
The Greek sponsored club tried for a second time to buy the club, putting $3.5 million on the table
In this opinion, Andreas C Chrysiafis looks at the resilience of the Cypriot people facing this new crisis
Former Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou is suing three newspapers over claims she held a $550 million Swiss bank account
Final evacuation site of the Anzacs marked for posterity
Golden Dawn's aspirations to open an Australian chapter will be the feature of this Tuesday's Dateline on SBS
This soup is a must for the Easter table
Harry Kewell's hope to be picked for the Socceroos squad is in doubt
The Cook Island-flagged Pirireis sank with 17 crew members on board
Vettell leads at the top of the Formula 1 points table with an emphatic win in the Bahrain Grand Prix
Demure family matriarch gets respectful send-off