Greek squad must dig deep to beat the Czechs
Greece faces the Czech Republic on Tuesday for its second match in soccer’s European Championship in Poland
Greece faces the Czech Republic on Tuesday for its second match in soccer’s European Championship in Poland.
The national team will line up at Wroclaw with an emergency defense as an injured Avraam Papadopoulos was forced to return home and Sokratis Papastathopoulos is suspended, but coach Fernando Santos will have midfielder Giorgos Fotakis at his disposal after the PAOK star managed to shake off an injury.
Kyriakos Papadopoulos and Costas Katsouranis are likely to play at the center of the defense, according to reports.
- Register Now
- Modern Greek tragedy
- Court orders Greek broadcaster ERT back on air
- Community condemns ERT closure
- Abusive crackdown on migrants
- Outstanding Greek Australians honoured
- Memories of an Egyptian multicultural society
- Xenophon warns of data sweep danger
- The thief strikes back
- ERT's demise impacts SBS
- Pandazopoulos gets marching orders
- 28 May 2013 | 17 Votes
- 10 Jun 2013 | 17 Votes
- 22 May 2013 | 16 Votes
- 30 May 2013 | 12 Votes
- 7 Jun 2013 | 7 Votes
- 11 Jun 2013 | 7 Votes
More from this Section
- Konstantinidis returns to Australia
- Kyrigios overlooked as Wimbledon wildcard
- Tribute paid to Andreas Kiligkaridis
- Socceroos won't tread lightly with Iraq
- Dutch coach Huub Stevens aims to unite PAOK fans
- Greece's Karagounis in talks with Melbourne Victory
- High spirits for South Melbourne
- Abandoned match crowns Panathinaikos champion
- Hellas seals a late winner against Hills
- South Melbourne to compete in Sydney Youth Cup
An omelette using traditional Greek sausage makes the perfect breakfast or lunch
The Australian Ambassador to Greece, Jenny Bloomfield honoured Greek Australian legal and medical professionals in a dinner at the Australian residence in Greece.
Nothing says winter warmer more than a bowl of Greek chicken soup
From 1 June 2013, the Australian High Commission in Cyprus has stopped accepting all visa applications and enquiries
A remote mountain village in Greece with a strong ANZAC connection
A delicious zucchini flower fritter from the island of Ikaria.
The University of NSW celebrates the life of one of the world's greatest poets, Constantine P Cavafy
A 1-1 draw sees Japan qualify and Australia's chances hang in the balance
Megan Fox has a sexy Greek secret
The queen of multi-cultural comedy, Effie is back with her hit show A Date with Effie.
But the goalkeeper won't join the A-League anytime soon
He is an artist, diagnosed with autism, whose paintings sell for hundreds of dollars and he's only three. Meet Vinnie Macris.
Labor MPs furious over Premier's response to ambos delay
87-year-old Nicolas Tsiplakidis claims he shot his wife in the face accidentally
Adviser to PM Jean Chretien in the 1990s David Zussman on the North American country's economic turnaround.
The closure of ERT has had a definite impact on Australia's media landscape, with SBS now having to source content from Athens based network Antenna Pacific
Australia is in need of improving its energy policies if there is to be any increased investment, according to Andrew Liveris,
Whilst acknowledging the merits and history Australia's foundations Kostas Karamarkos makes the argument for an Australian republic.