Beauty Wrap Spring Racing make-up
Core creative makeup artist for Napoleon Perdis, Anna Papadopoulos shares her tips on how to look fabulous on the track.
BASE: For bases, it’s all about flawless and smooth looking skin. To ensure ‘complexion perfection’, priming the skin before foundation application is essential.
Keep it semi-matte by applying compact powder to the feature focus area (nose and cheeks) and use this as your touch up product throughout the day.
EYES: “Go for soft and subtle colours like taupe’s, chocolate browns and charcoals that still define the eyes, but remain blended and smooth,” says Anna. “If you are wanting to add colour on the eye, opt for a wash of warmth through the socket area in shades of apricots, golds, bronzes or peaches.”
LIPS: Make a statement and go for bright brick reds, Barbie doll pinks, or tangerine orange shades. Keep to the matte lipsticks rather than anything frosted.
For Lasting Lips: Conceal your entire lip area first. This will create a base for your colour to stick to as well as neutralising your lips so that the lip colour won’t appear muddy.
Don’t forget to lightly set with your face powder before applying your lip product. Line lips last as this will help keep all your lip products in place.
NAILS: Try bright pops of colour on the nails. Hues like coral, sapphire blue or fuchsia will add a subtle intensity to your look.
If you want something softer, a shade like opal green will work with any outfit or occasion.
Remember, it is not necessary to match fingernails and toenails. You can have colour on the fingernails, and keep the toenails quite neutral, or pump them up with a trendy matte black polish for a glam look!
- Go OTT! You obviously want to make a statement but remember you’re not going to a night club so keep your make-up chic and polished.
- Avoid too much shimmer, caking on foundation, and choose to play up either the eyes or the lips, without over-dramatising both at once.
- Forget to apply a moisturiser with sunscreen underneath your makeup, or to use makeup that includes sunscreen. Reapply every two to three hours during the day.
How to get the look:
- Sweep a taupe eye shadow through the socket and into the inner bridge of the eye.
- Blend a white eye pencil over the mobile lid, around the inner corner of the eye and on the inner rim.
- Pat a white sparkle loose dust over the mobile lid, and around the inner corner of the eye.
- Highlight the brow bone with a pressed shimmer eye shadow that is two shades lighter than your skin tone.
- Apply 2 coats of black mascara to finish your look.
Tip: A crisp black line (eyeliner), is the perfect accessory to any outfit, whether you are going for an elegant race day look or a cutting edge extension.
Jean Paul Gaultier always has the most amazing graphic feline liner on his runway - copy this trend by creating a modern day Cleopatra flick with a liquid liner on the upper lash line.
- Register Now
- Modern Greek tragedy
- Court orders Greek broadcaster ERT back on air
- Community condemns ERT closure
- Abusive crackdown on migrants
- Outstanding Greek Australians honoured
- Xenophon warns of data sweep danger
- ERT's demise impacts SBS
- Memories of an Egyptian multicultural society
- The thief strikes back
- ERT suspension 'sinful', says Megrelis
- 10 Jun 2013 | 17 Votes
- 22 May 2013 | 16 Votes
- 28 May 2013 | 15 Votes
- 30 May 2013 | 12 Votes
- 7 Jun 2013 | 7 Votes
- 27 May 2013 | 7 Votes
More from this Section
- Napoleonic proportions
- 50 kgs in 12 weeks: Jordan's weight loss journey
- Elissa Gia takes out Vic’s top makeup award
- Πέντε συμβουλές για μείωση του άγχους και καλύτερη υγεία
- Bronzed beauty
- Honey: Is it really the bees knees?
- Sex and the City 2: get the look
- Greek hairdressers make the chop
- Minx is the new nails
- Can you beat cellulite?
New PAOK coach Huub Stevens has called for unity among fans after taking charge of the Greek club whose players said they feared for their live
The number of doctors leaving Greece to practice abroad was 2.5 times higher in the first quarter of this year than during the same period in 2012,
Star of The Hangover trilogy Zach Galifianakis has announced he wants to make a movie about the Battle of Crete
Greek Australians oppose rubbish tip in their backyard
What water privatisation really means
Tonight, high-profile Sydney FC players Peter Triantis, Mitchell Mallia and Matt Jurman will the Earlwood Wanderers Football Club at Earlwood Oval
The hypocrisy is stark and blatant. Syria is a terrorist state whose leader must be removed while on the other hand, Turkey is permitted to invade sovereign nations
Akis Tsochatzopoulos, the former defense minister being tried for money laundering, allegedly received kickbacks for defense contracts as far back as 1997
Former ERT World director Nikos Megrelis believes ERT was a victim of union intransigence and government mismanagement
The new season fixture is much the same, with round one drawing big crowds in another Melbourne Derby showdown
The announcement from Ford Australia to cease its vehicle and engine manufacturing operations in Australia, was extremely disappointing, Maria Vamvakinou,
The Championship playoff is estimated to be worth STG120 million ($189.33 million) for the winning team making it the wealthiest football match in the world
Three Greek Australian taxi industry heavyweights have bought the rights to the Greek taxi booking app 'Taxiplon' and plan to launch it in the next month
Latest figures show five-fold increase in Greeks studying in Australia
Australia is in need of improving its energy policies if there is to be any increased investment, according to Andrew Liveris,
Ballarat, Asia Minor and Lesvos - who would have thought they were connected.
Eighth consecutive win for the season
The gambling addict sued Crown Casino for losses of $20 million