1 1/2kg chicken legs (can use less)
6 russet potatoes (large, peeled and cut into about 8cm cubes)
2 tbsps garlic (chopped minced fresh, add the whole bulb if desired – the more the better!)
1 onion (large, sliced)
3 tbsps capers (drained)
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup olive oil
2/3 cup lemon juice (can use bottled, I prefer freshly-squeezed)
11/2 tbsps dried oregano (or to taste)
1 tsp dried rosemary (or to taste)
ground black pepper
1. Set oven to 190 degrees C.
2. Grease a large roasting pan (large enough to hold the chicken).
3. Rub the chopped garlic into the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the chicken into the pan along with the potatoes, onions and capers.
5. Pour the broth over.
6. In a small bowl whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano and rosemary.
7. Pour evenly over the chicken and potatoes.
8. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (could take more or less time depending on the size of the chicken pieces) basting occasionally with juices).
A delicious mid-week meal of Greek style chicken roasted with potatoes and capers