Brits expected to flock to the Greek islands with fares less than $50
Norwegian has added Rhodes to its list of Greek islands as part of its London Gatwick expansion
Just in time for the Greek summer, Norwegian will commence flights direct from London to Rhodes as of 17 June, with fares from as low as £30 (approx. AU$50).
Rhodes will become the fifth Greek island on the Scandinavian budget airline's list of direct flights from London Gatwick, which currently includes Corfu, Crete, Kefalonia and Santorini.
"We are offering UK passengers even more choice and lower fares than ever before to popular European destinations from London Gatwick," Thomas Ramdahl, chief commercial officer for Norwegian, told Express.
"Rhodes is a fantastic addition to our growing UK route network, and with affordable fares from £29.90 one way, we expect Brits to flock to the Greek island this summer."
The weekly service, that will continue until 16 September, 2017, is part of the airline's expansion which will see another 17 extra flights added from Gatwick to Scandinavia and the Mediterranean for the summer.
The frequency of services to Kefalonia is set to increase from 26 March until 28 October, along with a new service operating to Chania.
There will be additional flights to other destinations including Palma de Mallorca, Ibiza, Oslo, Aalborg and Stavanger.
Norwegian has also announced plans to make transatlantic travel more affordable in 2017, aiming to offer fares from the UK to New York for just £56 (approx. AD$91) one way, made possible by using more fuel-efficient aircraft.
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
The Spanish maestro was on target four times during February, and helped create a number of chances for his teammates.
On 25 March 2017, women around the world living with a debilitating yet worryingly common disease, gather to raise awareness. Neos Kosmos shares a personal story.
Commission considering more penalty cuts in the hair and beauty, tourism, clubs and restaurant industries.
Food For Thought Network raises awareness and takes action towards promoting women's development.
This period marks a critical juncture in the history of the game Down Under, and the NPL clubs know it.
Back by popular demand, the performance weaves music, song, documentary footage and narrative to recreate the zeitgeist of the Greek island of Hydra in the 1960s.
Con Kalamaras and his band successfully revived the music of one of Greece's great troubadours.
Mary Raphael, Stavros Messinis, Thalia Andrews, and Frixos Ioannides present their latest joint exhibition in Melbourne.
The love for Greek-inspired gold jewellery sold among bouquets of flowers.
Dr Stefanos Dimitrakopoulos' invaluable contribution to Melbourne research will help advance our understanding of brain changes in schizophrenia.
The abundance of meat-free recipes in the Mediterranean culture ensures Lent feels like a walk in the park. Try these tasty Greek recipes from foodies around the world.
Before the launch of her debut album with her jazz trio, the brilliant young pianist describes how her Greek background helped her develop a passion for music.
The feature film will put a modern spin on the myths of Icarus and the Minotaur.
Greek Orthodox Community of NSW votes 55 per cent 'yes'.
Theodore Kyriakou's awarded casual diner has brought King's Cross back to life.
Helen Marcou was inducted to the Victorian Honour Roll of Women, for her work in supporting live music venues and tackling sexual harassment and discrimination.
SETE's chief Andreas Andreadis says Greece needs a new vision for the future to overcome the economic crisis, and that vision is tourism.
A feast of Hellenic flavours on Australian television.