Castro named player of the month
The Spanish maestro was on target four times during February, and helped create a number of chances for his teammates
Spanish maestro Diego Castro has scooped the PFA's player of the month award alongside Melbourne Victory's James Troisi for February.
Voted by all of the PFA's A-League based members, the pair enjoyed a brilliant month to finish equal top of the voting.
Castro has been on target four times during February, and has helped create a number of chances for his teammates.
He said it was an honour to have been named as the PFA A-League Player of the Month for the second time in two seasons.
"I'm very humbled to be voted by the players as the PFA A-League of the Month," said the 2016 Johnny Warren Medallist.
"February was a very good month for the club and we are determined to continue to improve as the finals approach. Thank you to all of the players who voted for me and congratulations to James."
PFA President Alex Wilkinson said Troisi and Castro were both worthy recipients of the players' recognition.
"We saw some fantastic performances during February and none more so than by Diego and James," said Wilkinson.
"They have been instrumental for their clubs this season and I'm sure they'll continue to be as the finals series approaches."
Castro and Troisi will face off this weekend when Glory travels to Victoria to take on the Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park on Saturday night.
Kick-off is at 4.50 pm.
- Register Now
- Call to boycott film denying Greek, Assyrian and Armenian genocide
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- New animation by Pixar veteran based on Greek myths
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- 'I wanted to make a film worthy of Greek pride' [video]
- 'We want our children to dream big'
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
- Nine Evzones are coming to Australia
The 27-year-old came first in the women's pole vault event in Serbia.
Gerry Georgatos on why happiness and the dawn of new meanings are the ways forward.
The matter relates to a controversial decision regarding a settlement with former board member Aldrin De Zilva.
It's the first time since season 2013 that South has lost three on the trot. Will they come through with a win this weekend?
This month Toli Koutsimanis will come up against Victorian Heavyweight champion, Mini Nachar in the fight to continue his undefeated professional record.
The National Theatre of Northern Greece is on a mission to restore and maintain the Forest Theatre in Thessaloniki.
Greek Australian designer Dimitria Papafotiou talks about kicking goals and dreaming big.
The 23-year-old says one of the keys to removing barriers to participation for players from a multicultural background is to present more visible role models and leaders.
The initiative has become an identifiable brand internationally.
Gogglebox Australia's most popular duo and long-time friends talk about the craziest thing they ever did together.
'Australian workers, particularly young Australians, must be given priority,' says Immigration Minister.
Arsenal had the biggest aggregate defeat by an English team in the Champions League.
Helen Marcou was inducted to the Victorian Honour Roll of Women, for her work in supporting live music venues and tackling sexual harassment and discrimination.
The Spanish maestro was on target four times during February, and helped create a number of chances for his teammates.
The American Hellenic Council issued an official statement against Turkish production The Ottoman Lieutenant.
Greece has made an offer of recurring loans of archaeological wonders in exchange for the Marbles.
My Big Fat Greek Week
The petition holds Angela Merkel accountable for quiet boycott of the EU decision.