Strikes disrupt public transport over Easter weekend
Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted as workers protest
Service on the Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted on Orthodox Easter Saturday and Sunday next week.
The Proastiakos workers’ union decided that members would walk off the job at 6 p.m. on Saturday and hold a 24-hour strike on Sunday.
The union is protesting government plans to privatize the Hellenic Railways Organization (OSE), to which Proastiakos belongs.
They are also pushing for their employer to agree on a collective contract.
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- New animation by Pixar veteran based on Greek myths
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
Only 17, and still at school but could he be the next great winger to come of Dutch football's assembly line?
Clothing label The Kooples is presenting a free photography exhibition in Melbourne this month as part of VAMFF.
After a career that saw him reach football great heights, Greece international Avraam Papadopoulos is back where he was born and ready to show what Australia missed out on.
John Griffin, Australia's ambassador to Greece, speaks to Neos Kosmos in an exclusive interview.
The Greek songstress will battle it out on the stage, with a performance of This Is Love.
The love for Greek-inspired gold jewellery sold among bouquets of flowers.
The Greek restaurant on Renmark Avenue will be a chance to showcase the brand's history.
The matter relates to a controversial decision regarding a settlement with former board member Aldrin De Zilva.
Try this unique White Bean and Herb Olive Oil Cheesecake recipe by Melanie Underwood from the Institute for Culinary Education in New York City. You won't regret it.
The three-day festival has an impressive program of critical conversations, music, film, and performances, including author of The Good Greek Girl Maria Katsonis.
There's never been a better time to be a football agent.
The new Hellenic Scholarship will give students living in Greece or Cyprus the opportunity to study in Australia.
The store will be moving to the Mornington Peninsula with easy access to the best local produce, local suppliers, and fresh air.
If we need to save the language, we might want to reconsider our educational strategy, and our connection with it.
Dutch finance minister - and head of Eurogroup - makes incendiary statements
Paulo Bento becomes the third coach to depart from the Reds' club this season.
Let's clear up the 'patriot' myth, once and for all.
Despite the crisis, Energean Oil & Gas has made a significant step towards international success.