Strikes disrupt public transport over Easter weekend
Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted as workers protest
Service on the Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted on Orthodox Easter Saturday and Sunday next week.
The Proastiakos workers’ union decided that members would walk off the job at 6 p.m. on Saturday and hold a 24-hour strike on Sunday.
The union is protesting government plans to privatize the Hellenic Railways Organization (OSE), to which Proastiakos belongs.
They are also pushing for their employer to agree on a collective contract.
- Register Now
- Archbishop Demetrios offers a prayer at the Republican National Convention
- UK MPs introduce bill to return Parthenon Marbles to Greece
- Hero of Hindmarsh
- Twitter bans right-wing writer Milo Yiannopoulos
- Education receives a blow in Turkey
- A Greek on the Clinton ticket?
- Gone with the 'Island of the Winds' [video]
- Una Faccia Una Razza
- Kalymnos Pastries
- The Parthenon Sculptures go to Westminster
- 'Returning to Greece is every Greek's dream'
- 'My Greek ancestor was not born in Greece'
- Australian election 2016: Coalition closes on victory
- Greek Cafés and Milk Bars of Australia
- The Hellenic
- Slippers Made In Greece
- The Hellenic Club of Canberra welcomes Yiannis Baxevanis
- Istanbul shaken by airport attack
- FORGETTING CYPRUS
- Tzanda: The handbag initiative
The backstories of some of Portugal's best players are not as bright as their win at the Euros.
Greek Australian Irene Stavrakakis who lost her mother to ovarian cancer, campaigns for an early detection test.
The cross cultural event hosted by the Pancretan Association of Melbourne and Pontiaki Estia will take place on Sunday 10 July.
The Greek Australian was one of 60 named.
Melbourne Victory to take on European clubs in first pre-season matches.
American soldier Alex Skarlatos’ political views criticised via social media.
Training will be offered in a variety of languages, including Greek.
Malcolm Turnbull to remain as prime minister.
Ronaldo speaheads Portugal's first outright tournament win in six attempts.
Julia Banks bucked the national trend at the federal election, putting an end to 18 years of Labor domination of the Melbourne seat of Chisholm.
The capital's restaurant scene set for an international injection of flavour from the renowned Greek chef.
Eight men fled to Alexandroupoli after the failed coup against Erdogan, who thanked Tsipras for his government's support
The recommendation was one of many put forward at the inaugural National Conference on Media, Migration and Integration last month to combat misrepresentation.
The decrease attributed to impending rise in taxes.
Greek architectural firms are taking the humble island shack to a whole new level.
Teachers purged as Erdogan demands Gulen‘s extradition from the US.
The team's first shot at the Cup.
Discussing politics over Greek coffee.