Strikes disrupt public transport over Easter weekend
Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted as workers protest
Service on the Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted on Orthodox Easter Saturday and Sunday next week.
The Proastiakos workers’ union decided that members would walk off the job at 6 p.m. on Saturday and hold a 24-hour strike on Sunday.
The union is protesting government plans to privatize the Hellenic Railways Organization (OSE), to which Proastiakos belongs.
They are also pushing for their employer to agree on a collective contract.
- Register Now
- Istanbul shaken by airport attack
- Greek Cafés and Milk Bars of Australia
- Greek language programs for preschoolers on the way and no merger of SBS with ABC
- Tyler Dorsey goes blue
- Yia mas
- Labor commits $28.3 million to multiculturalism
- Bringing Greek food to the masses
- Yiannis Lucacos and his love for Greek gastronomy
- Gold Coast's Apollo launches onto FFA Cup national stage
- Ataturk deaths rise to 42
- 'A disgraceful write-up'
- Drink spiking warning for travellers to Greece
- How a stupid minority colludes with the stupid minority in the media to malign a community
- A mother's crusade against ice
- Michael Nicolaou places fourth in the world in Mathletics
- Soccer hooligans? Hardly
- Nafplion: Greece's best kept secret is out
- Greece taught me how to say 'Thank you'
- Australia's policy on FYROM
- ΦΑΝΑΤΩΣ ΣΤΟΥΣ ΠΡΟΒΟΤΕΣ
The first Gold Coast Premier League club ever to qualify for the Westfield FFA Cup's Round 32.
The role of Grandparents and special friends cannot be underestimated, as they often provide some of the fondest and earliest memories for our young.
South left behind to lick wounds.
Melbourne City FC has secured three additions to its coaching staff for the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 campaign.
A new art gallery in North Melbourne features the work of Athens-based photographer Vagelis Poulis.
Cooking traditional Hellenic food with a twist.
To the Greens Leader, Labor and the Coalition are a ‘cosy duopoly, the Coles and Woolworths of politics’.
The funding will be put towards the promotion of Greek Australian culture.
Greek American Oregon star tests the NBA draft waters and plays for the Greek national team.
With a newly curated program, the gastronomic event returns to the Greek Centre next month.
The Turnbull Government has vowed to contribute $300,000 towards the church if re-elected.
Catherine King MP says the PM has made it clear the election is a referendum on Medicare.
Cr John Sharkey to replace Paul Klisaris.
A black list is in the works, of corporations in Greece with large turnover variations.
The Hellenic Initiative will hold its second Annual Venture Fair on Saturday, offering hope to a community of entrepreneurs gasping for air.
IONIO have gone back to their roots, with simple and delicious food made from scratch with authentic Greek flavours.
Muhammad Ali became the greatest athlete of the 20th century by becoming the embodiment of a larger ideal. Adam Goodes took notice. Nick Kyrgios, sadly, did not.
Election 2016: Opposition Leader Bill Shorten responds to NK readers' concerns.