Strikes disrupt public transport over Easter weekend
Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted as workers protest
Service on the Proastiakos suburban railway will be disrupted on Orthodox Easter Saturday and Sunday next week.
The Proastiakos workers’ union decided that members would walk off the job at 6 p.m. on Saturday and hold a 24-hour strike on Sunday.
The union is protesting government plans to privatize the Hellenic Railways Organization (OSE), to which Proastiakos belongs.
They are also pushing for their employer to agree on a collective contract.
- Register Now
- Rice pudding (yiayia's rizogalo)
- Hellenic Romania: from Greek colonies to Dracula
- Eggs with spinach, fresh tomato and feta
- Religion and Greek cinema
- Greek Steps playgroup & kinder dance for mums and bubs
- Aniston snubbed at the Oscars
- Tsipras won't act unilaterally, EU’s Schulz says
- Fitch warns of a downgrade for Greece
- Xanthi upsets 10-man Panathinaikos in Cup
- Gov’t, PCT ease China’s worries
- Rest in peace Kostas
- More layoffs than new jobs last month
- PPC considers electricity rate cuts
- Mirabella calls for more women in parliament
- Greek archives now listed online
- No extension will entail a ‘dirty’ exit from the bailout
- Greek Fava with Grilled Squid
- Odum completes PAOK's amazing comeback against AEK
- Samaras casts conservatives as guarantors of country’s European course
- Grexit the only way out of ‘valley of tears,’ says Hans-Werner Sinn
By Greek Australia mummy blogger, Penny Zalalas.
Greek police detained four people on Saturday over alleged links to an Islamist cell in Belgium, where two suspected terrorists were shot by officers on Thursday.
Australia no longer reliant on stalwart Tim Cahill to find the net.
Greek Ambassadors recently donated $2000 to Doctors of the World Greece.
500,000 Greeks living abroad corresponds to around 7-8 per cent of the valid ballot in the most recent elections.
Eleni Papazoglou, was honoured and surprised with a welcoming ceremony.
Next round of applications closes 30 January 2015.
Aides to Tsipras indicated that the overhaul was the first step in a necessary renewal of the Greek state.
The Jets, who sit second last on the ladder with just one win and eight points from 14 matches, made the announcement on Thursday.
However the Greens proved too error-prone to take the chance they were given and wasted several attacks to go down by four in the end.
A significant feature of the 2014 figures concerns the increase in the number of beds at high-quality units.
Was I Greek? Was I Australian? Was I an Australian Greek, or a Greek Australian?
The leftist leader insisted that he would not share power with “the administrators of the memorandum.”
Samaras is running out of time.
A documentary on the Xylouris family to hit Australia.
Under SYRIZA-ANEL coalition government.
Greek Community moves away from reported political allegiance.
More needs to be done for social acceptance.