The Greek Christmas spirit in full swing in Oakleigh
The Greek Free Church hosted a Christmas carols event at Oakleigh's Warrawee Park
Anyone strolling through Oakleigh's Warrawee Park on Saturday felt as though they had been transported to Greece, minus the winter weather. Though that is debatable given the recent state of affairs in Melbourne.
People gathered amongst the lush greenery to enjoy an afternoon of Greek Christmas carols organised by the Greek Free Church.
Various members of the community took part including teachers and students from Oakleigh Grammar, The Hellenic Cultural Association of Melbourne 'O Periklis', and Pontiaki Estia amongst others.
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- New animation by Pixar veteran based on Greek myths
- Athens to become a safe, sustainable capital
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
- Nine Evzones are coming to Australia
According to Business Insider, the former temple defines building design, continues to be a source of inspiration for architects, and is a stunning piece of architectural art.
There's never been a better time to be a football agent.
Recommendations to EU and national leaders to end the disappearance, suffering and exploitation of children in migration.
Mr Savvides currently also serves as Chairman of World Vision Australia.
Leonidas Petrakis on how the diaspora, and particularly Greek Americans, can do their part to assist Greece and Cyprus.
The Greece-based company was awarded the Top Rated Retail Interiors Project 2016 award.
The initiative has become an identifiable brand internationally.
Eight potentially booby-trapped packages were to be sent to EU officials.
Robin Scott lashes out while FECCA gives cautious welcome to government statement.
If we need to save the language, we might want to reconsider our educational strategy, and our connection with it.
Despite the crisis, Energean Oil & Gas has made a significant step towards international success.
The head of Delphi Bank describes how Greek values influenced the financial institution's approach to banking and created strong relationships that continue in the digital age.
Director Stathis Grapsas' once again gives a powerful voice to marginalised groups in society who are often left unheard.
The three-day festival has an impressive program of critical conversations, music, film, and performances, including author of The Good Greek Girl Maria Katsonis.
The store will be moving to the Mornington Peninsula with easy access to the best local produce, local suppliers, and fresh air.
Congratulations to Jess Hatzis and Bree Johnson.
Attorney Christos Iliopoulos on how to ensure your will is valid in Greece.
Clothing label The Kooples is presenting a free photography exhibition in Melbourne this month as part of VAMFF.