World's most beautiful street located in Greece
The world's most beautiful street is found in Molyvos on the island of Lesvos
Lesvos is making headlines again, but this time it's in appreciation of the island's beauty, namely down one particular street.
Leading art, design and photography community Bored Panda put out a request for creatives to send in photographs of the world's most magical streets.
They received 129 submissions in total, and after thousands of votes, Greece has emerged as the home of the world's most picturesque street.
The wining image submitted by freelance photographer Konstantinos Stamatelis, shows a narrow street in the village of Molyvos, lined with small shop fronts and a 'roof' covering formed by nature itself with the overgrowth of trees and flowers.
Greece also received a second mention on the list, with a street located in Nafplio, Peloponnese, which was the capital city of the first Hellenic Republic and Kingdom of Greece from 1821 to 1834.
- Register Now
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- €300 million investment in smoke-free product manufacturing facility in Greece
- Mykonos Taverna named in best eight Greek eateries Down Under
- The Australian Evzone in New York
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Heritage Victoria gives green light for Evangelismos Church restoration
- This March we march for endometriosis
- Greece is not corrupt per se despite perpetual crises
- Life, death and the Greek language
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
Helen Marcou was inducted to the Victorian Honour Roll of Women, for her work in supporting live music venues and tackling sexual harassment and discrimination.
The three-day festival has an impressive program of critical conversations, music, film, and performances, including author of The Good Greek Girl Maria Katsonis.
The European Commission says exports will be the main opportunity for Greece to recover economically.
On many occasions Mr Turnbull has turned to Greece to express his love of democracy, to link the west to our past, but is his idea of Australia truly democratic?
Celebrating 60 years since the arrival of the Greek 'brides' in Australia.
Robin Scott lashes out while FECCA gives cautious welcome to government statement.
Before the launch of her debut album with her jazz trio, the brilliant young pianist describes how her Greek background helped her develop a passion for music.
What does learning Greek means for the modern Australian Hellene?
There's never been a better time to be a football agent.
Paulo Bento becomes the third coach to depart from the Reds' club this season.
The feature explores the creative renaissance Greece is currently experiencing, as the number of holidaymakers from the UK skyrockets.
Back by popular demand, the performance weaves music, song, documentary footage and narrative to recreate the zeitgeist of the Greek island of Hydra in the 1960s.
The Greece-based company was awarded the Top Rated Retail Interiors Project 2016 award.
The head of Delphi Bank describes how Greek values influenced the financial institution's approach to banking and created strong relationships that continue in the digital age.
Recommendations to EU and national leaders to end the disappearance, suffering and exploitation of children in migration.
What the early history of modern Greece teaches us about oppression and freedom.
Eight potentially booby-trapped packages were to be sent to EU officials.
It's the first time since season 2013 that South has lost three on the trot. Will they come through with a win this weekend?