World's most beautiful street located in Greece
The world's most beautiful street is found in Molyvos on the island of Lesvos
Lesvos is making headlines again, but this time it's in appreciation of the island's beauty, namely down one particular street.
Leading art, design and photography community Bored Panda put out a request for creatives to send in photographs of the world's most magical streets.
They received 129 submissions in total, and after thousands of votes, Greece has emerged as the home of the world's most picturesque street.
The wining image submitted by freelance photographer Konstantinos Stamatelis, shows a narrow street in the village of Molyvos, lined with small shop fronts and a 'roof' covering formed by nature itself with the overgrowth of trees and flowers.
Greece also received a second mention on the list, with a street located in Nafplio, Peloponnese, which was the capital city of the first Hellenic Republic and Kingdom of Greece from 1821 to 1834.
- Register Now
- The Hellenic Club brings the Greek Presidential Guard to Sydney
- Living in Erdogan's Turkey
- The husband and wife team offering catering like no other
- Dental tourism on the rise in Greece
- To Argos, Nafplio and Tolos they came
- WikiLeaks – in the face of betrayals they remain heroic, guarding a Thermopylae
- 'Never give up on your child'
- Refugee children at risk of sexual abuse and exploitation in Greece
- Hellenic community marches with the Anzacs who fought in Greece and Crete
- Nick Polites recalls his journey
- Greek Orthodox Bishop calls on Erdogan to denounce Islam and be baptised
- A Greek fish & chippery tops Herald Sun's crème de la crème
- Athens' little treasure adorning the heart of Plaka
- The world's most impressive building will be Greek
- Travelling to Greece? New Corinth-Patra highway finally open
- The nine Evzones in Australia next week
- The 19 best Greek islands according to international travel experts
- ISIS gunmen open fire at the St. Catherine monastery in Egypt
- 18 Greek establishments amongst the best restaurants in Australia
- Dimitrious Gargasoulas says he is 'the saviour'
The Festival will take place between 17-28 May.
Ellen Koutsodimitropoulos and her family have once again set out to raise much needed funds for the Good Friday appeal.
The soldiers of the Greek Presidential Guard will arrive on Wednesday to mark the anniversary of Anzac Day and the 76th anniversary of the Battle of Crete.
Australian Biology of Ageing Conference in Sydney finds Greece's version of Mediterranean diet is the secret to longevity.
As Spinalonga enters the final stage of its nomination as a UNESCO World Heritage site, cast and crew of the iconic Greek show The Island share their memories.
Just four years after moving Down Under, Greek South African Reeva Cutting has proven that when passion is coupled with hard work the sky is the limit.
The increased tax burden in Greece has been attributed to hikes in income tax and social security contributions of workers and employers.
The signing showcases the Club's desire to play W League.
Writer Alexandros Massavetas and artist Olga Alexopoulou react to the referendum result that threatens to steer the country to a regressive autocracy.
There have been tens of thousands of casualties to 'coalition' strikes – most of these casualties are to American bombs.
Last Saturday also saw the 2016 Premiership Flag unveiled.
Police will be on alert this long weekend with fines for those caught using fireworks approximately $15,000.
Could mass migration be a potential catalyst to forging a common European identity?
Six and a half thousand Australians went on to serve on Crete as part of the nearly 40,000 Allied defence forces – including 10,000 Greek soldiers in May 1941.
The Forum welcomed representatives from various countries to discuss a number of intellectual, traditional, historical, and cultural issues.
Dean Kalimniou reflects on the work of Lucian of Samosata; the man that taught us to reach for the stars.
Despite policy announcements and harsh rhetoric, Australia is not going to stop bringing in migrant workers anytime soon.
Thousands of faithful congregate at churches around the world on Saturday night to celebrate the resurrection, and with it, love and hope.