Russia awaits Cypriots for loan talks
Russia is planning “within weeks” to host a delegation from Cyprus and hold talks on its request for a second bailout loan
Russia is planning “within weeks” to host a delegation from Cyprus and hold talks on its request for a second bailout loan, Interfax reported on Friday, citing Finance Minister Anton Siluanov.
Russia is also waiting for Cyprus to present its estimates and rationale for needing emergency funds as well as information about the state of its talks with the European Union, Siluanov was cited as saying.
- Register Now
- Eurovision 2013: The kitsch and the high notes
- Kewell dumped by Al Gharafa
- Greeks abroad may help Greece and Cyprus recovery
- Director Oliver Stone wishes Tsipras 'good luck'
- Lora Mokbel farewelled
- Migration intake stays the same
- Triple header match day with Belmore United
- Greek Australian women talk: how to make a succesful career?
- Heristanidis shortlisted for NSW Premier's Literary Award
- Battle of Crete Anniversary to be commemorated at Cenotaph
- 8 May 2013 | 12 Votes
- 15 May 2013 | 9 Votes
- 8 May 2013 | 8 Votes
- 3 May 2013 | 8 Votes
- 13 May 2013 | 7 Votes
- 24 Apr 2013 | 6 Votes
More from this Section
- Cyprus pole vault champ dead at 23
- Cost of Cyprus bailout 'rises to 23bn euros'
- Cyprus agrees terms of troika bailout
- Cyprus bailout draft links recovery to gas reserves
- Gov't mulls impact of Cyprus crisis
- Cyprus comes to terms with testing bailout agreement
- Cyprus nearing revised bailout deal
- European Parliament condemns 'lack of transparency' in Cyprus deposit tax decision
- Government drafting bill for Cyprus fallout
- Cyprus scrambles for new funds as clock runs down
Sunk in recession for the past six years and struggling to steer its economy through painful austerity cuts, Greece now faces a fertility crisis as well.
Coach Graham Arnold still has high hopes for a win next week
Mark Bouris looks at what women really want when it comes to retirement funds and superannuation.
Closed in 1996, the High School nurtured many young Greeks
Despite one of the highest unemployment rates in Europe, Greeks won't consider labour jobs primarily staffed by migrants
Shadow treasurer Joe Hockey has mounted a passionate defence of Tony Abbott's paid parental leave scheme and branded dissident Liberal backbencher Alex Hawke
Greek Financial Crimes Squad (SDOE) found that 25.6 percent of businesses and individuals whose books were checked for tax infringements were found to be in violation
A winter must in a Greek household
The government issued civil mobilisation papers to some 88,000 teachers who face arrest and possible dismissal if they fail to turn up for work this week
A musical passage from the Mediterranean to Mesopotamia
Urban guerrilla group Conspiracy of the Cells of Fire and a string of armed robberies remain in custody
David Moyes will replace Sir Alex Ferguson as the club's manager, taking on a six-year contract
The competition includes works written in the Greek or English language in the following categories: Poetry, Short Story and One Act Theatrical Play.
An iconography exhibition promising to inspire and uplift all those who are artistically inclined will be held during the Orthodox Holy Week.
Hitting the market around August this year, Holden will release the HSV Gen F
This hearty dish is perfect for the cold nights of fasting before Easter.
Director Oliver Stone wished SYRIZA leader Alexis Tsipras 'good luck' in leading Greece.
In this opinion, Andreas C Chrysiafis looks at the resilience of the Cypriot people facing this new crisis