Head of the “Greece 2021” committee on the bicentennial of the declaration of the Greek War of Independence (1821) Gianna Angelopoulos-Daskalaki presented the logo of the committee on Friday. The logo is a ribbon forming the number ‘2’ following through the ‘1’ to play with the number of years 1821-2021.
Ms Angelopoulos-Daskalaki filmed a video at the Acropolis Museum stating that the anniversary “is not simply history, but a great opportunity to escape daily reality, celebrate, as Greeks know best, and to remember where we started from; to realise where we stand and decide where we want to go.” She noted that although we have “different memories, lives and dreams, all of us make up Greece.”
To follow the committee’s work, visit:
– Official page of “Greece 2021” – http://www.greece2021.gr
– Twitter https://twitter.com/Greece_2021
– Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Greece2021/
– Instagram https://www.instagram.com/greece2021/ and
– YouTube channel “Greece2021”