The Liberals and Nationals are proud to put forward to the Victorian people what is without doubt the most comprehensive policy agenda ever taken to a Victorian election.
For the past four years we have listened to Victorians, and what matters to you.
For two of those years we shared with you the terrible experience of the COVID pandemic and the damage caused to families, individuals, businesses and our communities by Mr Andrews’ world-record lockdowns.
Together, this listening and shared experiences has helped shape our policy agenda, which is focussed around six key points:
· Fix the healthcare crisis without raising taxes;
· Put an end to Daniel Andrews’ era of spiralling debt and higher taxes;
· Reward hard working Victorian families; Help small business;
· Restore integrity and accountability in Government; and
· Build Stronger Communities.
We are acutely aware of the level of debt Victoria is facing, and fiscal responsibility is central to our Plan. That’s why we have taken the difficult decision to shelve the $35 billion Cheltenham to Box Hill rail line and instead redirect every available cent to fixing the health crisis.
Our policies and plan are also financially modest, targeted, and in some instances, time-limited due the constrained fiscal environment we will inherit should we be privileged to be elected to government.
Our plan also celebrates Victoria’s Greek community’s history, culture, and future through targeted commitments across our many multicultural communities. Victoria is the multicultural capital of Australia, a melting pot of diversity that has defined the history of our cities and is championed across the thousands of events and festivals that showcase our society and culture.
Victoria is a proudly diverse and multicultural state with a rich heritage to celebrate. Our Plan will strengthen our relationship with Victoria’s Greek community.
As part of the range of multicultural announcements, these commitments include:
· $50 million over four years to create a multicultural and multifaith infrastructure fund, the most investment significant in recent times, celebrating the culture and history-rich fabric that makes up Victoria.
· $4 million over four years to assist Victoria’s multicultural communities to source cultural heritage objects and establish a new culture-specific Museum Grants Program to support existing and create new museums and institutions.
· More than $9 million to support new and upgraded community facilities at Greek Orthodox Churches in Oakleigh, Clayton South, South Yarra, South Melbourne, Templestowe and North Balwyn.
· We will also provide $100,000 to the Five Loaves charity program – an initiative of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese, District of Melbourne, to help meet the needs of those doing it tough in our local community.
· An increase to the minimum percentage of State Government Department and Agency advertising expenditure allocated to multicultural media and communications organisations from 5 per cent to 12 per cent in the first year and 10 per cent for the next three years.
· A new Multicultural Charter outlining the Victoria Government’s commitments to underpinning the overall success of Victoria as a multicultural society.
The overarching plan has been developed in collaboration with Victoria’s multicultural communities to ensure they are supported and continue to have strong ties with Victoria as it grows and develops.
This commitment will help build stronger connections and communities across Victoria. The Liberals and Nationals recognise the vital role that multicultural communities play.
Victoria’s dynamic Greek community is dedicated to its faith’s rich traditions and inter-faith and cross-cultural engagements. It continues to enhance Victoria’s vibrant and diverse landscape and our trade relations with Greece and the global market.
Only the Liberals and Nationals will commit to supporting our invaluable multicultural community groups.
After eight years of Mr Andrews and Labor, our Real Solutions plan will provide Victoria and Victoria’s Greek community with the fresh start it needs and a clear plan for the future.
On Saturday, 26 November 2022, we ask you to vote for your local Liberal or Nationals candidate so that we can implement Real Solutions for all Victorians.