AEK banished the ghosts from their first match of the league season, when they lost to Kerkyra, and defeated visiting Panserraikos 2-0 on Sunday evening at the conclusion of the second round of games for the Super League.

Playing at Rizoupoli, the home ground of third-division Apollon due to repair works at the Olympic Stadium, AEK scored at the 25th minute of each half through Raffik Djebbour (his second of the season) and Pantelis Kaffes to secure their first points.

Earlier Ergotelis had stunned hosts Olympiakos Volou, scoring a 1-0 win at the Panthessaliko Stadium thanks to a Mario Budimir goal.

Panionios finished their match at Xanthi with nine men but managed to come away with one point through a first-half strike by Sito Riera after 10 minutes. Xanthi equalised for the final 1-1 from the penalty spot with Marcelo Leite Pereira getting on the scoresheet.

Larissa failed to become the only team to double their victories as they could not break the Kavala defence at home, conceding a goalless draw in the end.

Consequently there are five teams at the top of the table with four points out of two games: Asteras Tripolis, PAOK, Iraklis, Larissa and Panathinaikos.

On Saturday Panathinaikos and Olympiakos collecedt their first wins of the Super League season.

Djibril Cisse marked his return to the Super League with the goal that gave Panathinaikos a narrow 1-0 win over Aris in Thessaloniki on Saturday.

The French striker, who was the top scorer in Greece last season, missed the opening round draw with Xanthi because of injury but he was abck on form as the defending champions notched their first win of the season.

The only goal in a tight game came two minutes before the break when Cisse fired home from the penalty spot.

Olympiakos finally got their season going after an opening round defeat at Iraklis. At an empty Karaiskakis Stqdium – the result of untruly beaviour from their fans last season, they beat Kerkyra 2-0.

The newly-promoted islanders had stunned AEK in their first game but could not find a way through the Olympiakos defence. Olof Melburg put the Reds ahead in teh 29th minute with Albert Riera sealing victory four minutes from time.

Iraklis were unable to add to last week’s win with another one over Atromitos. However, they will be glad of gthe point they earned through Karim Soltani’s 89th minute equaliser which cancelled out Emmanuel Perrone’s opener.

In the other game on Saturday Asteras Tripolis were held to a goalless draw by PAOK.