IONIO celebrates its third year with amazing Christmas packages
It doesn't get more festive than sharing a whole lamb cooked on charcoal
IONIO's food is loaded with authentic Greek flavours from its charcoal-fired rotisserie, all delicious and Instagram-worthy, taking the 'food for the masses' to a whole new level by adding high quality to the mix.
Doing justice to its name, it has been serving Melburnians food that tastes like summer on a Greek island for three years now, in an ambient space with stunning city views, tucked away in Doncaster's Westfield Shopping Centre [Level 2 (next to cinemas) Shop 2001].
The kitchen staff specialises in preparing simple and delicious dishes made from scratch; dishes the whole family will enjoy after a shopping spree.
"When developing recipes we all like to work together, test out ideas, taste dishes and provide honest feedback as to what works and what doesn't," chef Sran told Neos Kosmos; a process that changes according to the seasons.
"We have gone back to our roots and really turned a corner and honed in on our values and what is important to us and our customers."
Starting from the house-made dips, the juicy pitas and the mouth-watering salads, IONIO can only make you crave more.
The restaurant offers traditional Greek flavours like homemade mousaka, village spanakopita, grilled dodoni saganaki, haloumi alongside staple street food like souvlakis, succulent gyro platters, fried cheeseballs, keftedes and burgers as well as more intricate, fusion recipes with a modern, contemporary twist, like the char-grilled rainbow trout wrapped in vine leaves, marinated in lemon and garlic.
The sticky honey and oregano-flavoured chicken is a classic bestseller, racing the crackling twice-cooked pork belly paired with apple, fennel and oregano.
On the dessert menu, the smashed baklava with toasted walnut and honey ice cream is the king, closely followed by the cakes, muffins and pancakes infused with the most unexpected flavours.
To celebrate its third anniversary just one breath before Christmas, IONIO has made the most tempting festive function packages for large groups available. Whole lamb cooked on charcoal for exclusive group bookings up to 50 people can be prepared at a very affordable price. The stunning view of the city comes for free!
- Register Now
- The Hellenic Club brings the Greek Presidential Guard to Sydney
- WikiLeaks – in the face of betrayals they remain heroic, guarding a Thermopylae
- Hellenic community marches with the Anzacs who fought in Greece and Crete
- Nick Polites recalls his journey
- Darebin Homemade Food & Wine Festival returns
- Tasmania: the treasure island
- Eat like the Greeks
- Cruise ship with 200 Chinese passengers marks a first for Greek tourism
- The Greek National Guard touched by their Australian welcome
- The death of the 457 visa (FAQ)
- Greek Orthodox Bishop calls on Erdogan to denounce Islam and be baptised
- A Greek fish & chippery tops Herald Sun's crème de la crème
- Athens' little treasure adorning the heart of Plaka
- The world's most impressive building will be Greek
- Travelling to Greece? New Corinth-Patra highway finally open
- The nine Evzones in Australia next week
- The 19 best Greek islands according to international travel experts
- ISIS gunmen open fire at the St. Catherine monastery in Egypt
- 18 Greek establishments amongst the best restaurants in Australia
- Dimitrious Gargasoulas says he is 'the saviour'
SME Finance Group explains the changes being implemented across the Australian banking sector, affecting all business-related borrowing.
As Spinalonga enters the final stage of its nomination as a UNESCO World Heritage site, cast and crew of the iconic Greek show The Island share their memories.
Forget the hype, because the young Frenchman is already burning through it.
The proposal comes with the added suggestion that Russian President Vladimir Putin be his godfather.
Gerry Georgatos on WikiLeaks, 'one of the world's most remarkable organisations [that] continues despite numerous attempts to shut it down'.
The victory on Sunday saw President Recep Tayyip Erdogan granted sweeping new powers.
Honouring Thessaloniki's Danish hero.
Only monks and clergy were inside the compound of the monastery, one of Christianity’s holiest sites
Michael Byrne and Billy Costa explain why their premium product is the most popular of its kind in Australia and remains one of the best BBQ briquette brands worldwide.
Which ones have you crossed off your bucket list?
My Big Fat Greek Week.
The Greek Community visits the Hellenic American Educational Foundation, as part of the 'Melbourne-Athens: a journey of friendship' program.
Fotis Kapetopoulos and his Easter paradox.
Just four years after moving Down Under, Greek South African Reeva Cutting has proven that when passion is coupled with hard work the sky is the limit.
Direct from Athens, the dramatic play inspired by Maria Callas, Melina Mercouri, and Medea, travels to Adelaide and Sydney this month.
A glance at the NPL 1 ladder going into this weekend's 10th Round gives the casual observer the impression that any number of teams could feature in the grand final.
A Harvard University report has brought to light one of the darkest aspects of the current refugee crisis in Europe.
How running naked through a wheatfield inspired the makeup mogul's latest collaboration.