Calombaris' Mastic is relocating
The store will be moving to the Mornington Peninsula with easy access to the best local produce, local suppliers, and fresh air
George Calombaris and the team at MAdE Establishment have big plans for Mastic, with the store relocating to the Mornington Peninsula in 2018.
"We're excited to take Mastic to the Peninsula, a region that screams 'good stuff' in every way… the best local produce, local suppliers within arms reach, and fresh air. It makes sense," says Calombaris.
"We're in the works of finalising all the details and we can't wait to share them. It's been a dream of mine to share our Mastic store with the local community down there. It will be worth the wait."
Re-locating Mastic for the MatserChef star also means that they can increase capacity at Hellenic Republic in Kew, which is often booked out.
Mastic will continue to be all about the 'Hellenic Diet' with a wholesome twist focusing on lifestyle, health and happiness.
The official opening date will be announced later this year.
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
Mr Savvides currently also serves as Chairman of World Vision Australia.
My Big Fat Greek Week
Works for stage one will commence almost immediately to ensure the church can become a place of assemble for parishioners.
The Spanish maestro was on target four times during February, and helped create a number of chances for his teammates.
The new Hellenic Scholarship will give students living in Greece or Cyprus the opportunity to study in Australia.
But it is not the fault of Syriza.
Recommendations to EU and national leaders to end the disappearance, suffering and exploitation of children in migration.
Robin Scott lashes out while FECCA gives cautious welcome to government statement.
Clothing label The Kooples is presenting a free photography exhibition in Melbourne this month as part of VAMFF.
This month Toli Koutsimanis will come up against Victorian Heavyweight champion, Mini Nachar in the fight to continue his undefeated professional record.
Dr Stefanos Dimitrakopoulos' invaluable contribution to Melbourne research will help advance our understanding of brain changes in schizophrenia.
The Greek Festival presents a joint lecture by Hellenic Studies Foundation's Costa Vertzayias and culture writer Billy Cotsis.
The opportunity was made possible by THI and the US Embassy in Greece.
The Red's performance was disappointing, while APOEL put the pressure on too late.
The number is almost double the EU average.
Before the launch of her debut album with her jazz trio, the brilliant young pianist describes how her Greek background helped her develop a passion for music.
For your next visit to Greece invest some time volunteering through THI organisations and programs.
Greek Australian designer Dimitria Papafotiou talks about kicking goals and dreaming big.