RECIPE: Whole roasted ricotta with honeyed figs
The perfect addition to your New Year's Eve table, or any time of year for that matter!
a few fresh bay leaves
½ a bunch of fresh oregano
8 figs, halved
a few rounds of ricotta or other round cheeses, such as camembert
the zest of one orange
extra virgin olive oil
a few garlic cloves
a large handful of rocket
a few sprigs of fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Place the bay leaves in a roasting tray, pick over the oregano and sit the ricotta on top. Season generously.
3. Scatter the figs around the cheese, finely grate over the orange zest then drizzle everything with oil and honey.
4. Rub the flavours into the cheese with your hands, scatter over the remaining oregano, then roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and firm.
5. Thinly slice the ciabatta, then peel and halve the garlic cloves. Preheat a griddle pan and cook the ciabatta. Rub the toast with the cut side of the garlic. Drizzle with oil and leave to one side.
6. Serve the roasted ricotta on a board with a stack of toast, the sticky figs and rocket and fresh mint on the side.
- Register Now
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Laskarina Bouboulina, the Lady of the Revolution
- Heritage Victoria gives green light for Evangelismos Church restoration
- €300 million investment in smoke-free product manufacturing facility in Greece
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- This March we march for endometriosis
- Greece faces Belgian roadblock on road to Russia
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
Nikos Fotakis reflects on the week in Greek news starring Eurogroup president Jeroen Dijsselbloem.
This month Toli Koutsimanis will come up against Victorian Heavyweight champion, Mini Nachar in the fight to continue his undefeated professional record.
The European Commission says exports will be the main opportunity for Greece to recover economically.
The famed Broadbeach developer, built Oracle and Niecon Plaza.
Australia will play Iraq on Thursday evening in the first of the World Cup Qualifiers.
Winning entries will be published in the 63rd issue of the annual bilingual periodical Antipodes.
Attorney Christos Iliopoulos on how to ensure your will is valid in Greece.
The matter relates to a controversial decision regarding a settlement with former board member Aldrin De Zilva.
Works for stage one will commence almost immediately to ensure the church can become a place of assemble for parishioners.
Made from a family recipe with real milk, owner John Konstas couldn't be happier about the win.
Technology can play a big role in providing children with a linguistic experience in line with the modern urban world in Greek, and help supplement their vocabulary.
Mr Savvides currently also serves as Chairman of World Vision Australia.
The National Theatre of Northern Greece is on a mission to restore and maintain the Forest Theatre in Thessaloniki.
South Melbourne fans will cheer their team on as they travel to the Dandenongs to take on Monbulk Ranges SC.
Arsenal had the biggest aggregate defeat by an English team in the Champions League.
Dr Heather Jackson will present a lecture on 'Images of Myth and Life: the University of Melbourne Collection of Greek Vases'.
Back by popular demand, the performance weaves music, song, documentary footage and narrative to recreate the zeitgeist of the Greek island of Hydra in the 1960s.
In just five days Australia will take on the UAE in Sydney.