St Gerry's: Taking over Melbourne one stop at a time
Make sure you check the dates and locations so you don't miss out on this heavenly pleasure
Two Melbourne Greeks, Dean Giannakis and Fotis Nikolaou, are the boys behind St. Gerry's roaming food cart, serving dessert enthusiasts the puffiest loukoumades and Fudge Puppy (Belgian waffle on a stick).
St. Gerry's specialises in Greek doughnuts and other traditional world-sourced desserts that will make your tastebuds explode.
Meanwhile, everything is made to order in front of you, from the dough to using the doughnut machine, injecting sauces and adding toppings.
"We love giving people the chance to not only see what goes in but also enjoy the theatre," Dean and Fotis agree.
"Watching people's smiles and facial expressions when they take their first bite is everything."
Named after Saint Gerasimos, the Greek-inspired St. Gerry's finds being part of Melbourne's food truck industry challenging.
Meeting new people as they set up their stall in different locations helps them "get the vibe" of the crowd and receive honest feedback from the most demanding foodies on the spot.
Combining modern and traditional flavours, oil-fried goodies with fresh fruits, St. Gerry's desserts will make you lick your fingers wanting more.
Their ever-changing menu includes bite-sized fluffy doughnuts, waffles on a stick and honey-drizzled loukoumades topped with cinnamon and walnuts.
Do not miss out on the hazelnut chocolate and yiayia's crumbed biscuits, but make sure you try their special salted caramel topping and popcorn flavours. Dean and Fotis even offer their own take on the 'Snickers' bar.
Having said that, feel free to let loose your gastronomic creativity and experiment with all the options on the menu, tweaking standard recipes.
The boys are all about delivering one-of-a-kind and mostly fresh, delicious desserts that will leave their clientele satisfied. "This is what makes us feel good," they say.
The pleasure is all ours, we can assure you.
To find out more about St. Gerry's and their new locations, keep an eye on www.stgerrys.com.au
Next week they can be found at:
Doncaster Food Truck Carnival (Thu-Sun)
Eastland Moonlit Market (Thu)
Coburg Night Market (Fri)
Fed Square 32nd Sister Cities Festival (Sun)
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- New animation by Pixar veteran based on Greek myths
- Athens to become a safe, sustainable capital
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
- Nine Evzones are coming to Australia
Robin Scott lashes out while FECCA gives cautious welcome to government statement.
Clothing label The Kooples is presenting a free photography exhibition in Melbourne this month as part of VAMFF.
A feast of Hellenic flavours on Australian television.
Paulo Bento becomes the third coach to depart from the Reds' club this season.
Gerry Georgatos on why Greece, even on surface, is not responsible for its debt crises.
The love for Greek-inspired gold jewellery sold among bouquets of flowers.
The Greek civilisation has left its mark on the rest of the world.
The Greek Australian tennis star is back after upstaging second seed Novak Djokovic.
What the early history of modern Greece teaches us about oppression and freedom.
Dutch finance minister - and head of Eurogroup - makes incendiary statements
According to Business Insider, the former temple defines building design, continues to be a source of inspiration for architects, and is a stunning piece of architectural art.
Director Stathis Grapsas' once again gives a powerful voice to marginalised groups in society who are often left unheard.
Greek Australian designer Dimitria Papafotiou talks about kicking goals and dreaming big.
Works for stage one will commence almost immediately to ensure the church can become a place of assemble for parishioners.
Before the launch of her debut album with her jazz trio, the brilliant young pianist describes how her Greek background helped her develop a passion for music.
The European Commission says exports will be the main opportunity for Greece to recover economically.
Having visited and written about Greek communities in various parts of the world, Alexander Billinis turns his attention back home, to his own Greek community.
Players will be putting their best foot forward as they compete to make the final cut early next week.