Dora's recipe: Crispy roasted potatoes
A recipe for classic Cypriot style roasted potatoes
* Thank you to Agatha Ioannou Ingredients: Small potatoes peeled Juice of one lemon Vegetable oil Salt and pepper Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 C 2. Prick the potatoes once with a knife 3. Rub potatoes with lemon juice 4. Pepper and salt them 5. Fill a baking dish 3/4 with vegetable oil 6. Put in the potatoes and bake turning over 7. Bake till golden brown NOTE: Another version sent to me from Greece is this one 1. Smash the potatoes slightly 2. Put the oil in a deep fry pan and bring to the boil 3. Add the potatoes and allow to cook lowering the heat 4. When they are brown remove and put into a baking dish without the oil 5. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered coriander, 1/2 cup dry white wine, salt and pepper 6. Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C (turning half way through) for 8-10 minutes
- Register Now
- A dream wedding in Santorini
- Greeks and other migrants soft targets for taxi licence debacle
- Numbers don't lie: the sorry state of the Greek economy
- Neuropsychologist develops dementia test for Greek Australians
- A weekly dose of 1930s Corfu
- 'Lesvos: Fall in Love' to play at the Sydney Greek Film Festival
- An undying love for Greece
- Natalie Rompotis named among the top Australian fashion illustrators
- The quest to save Preston Market
- Huge weekend of Greek events in Sydney
- Channel Seven apologises for 'Macedonia' blunder
- A seasoned traveller's guide to the best Greek islands
- Malakas threatens Japan
- Emotional farewell to Greek bikie
- A dream wedding in Santorini
- No fries thanks, I'm Greek
- Southern Greece drowns in floods while the north battles raging fires
- 'Little' Greek restaurant drama
- St. Gerry's
- Do you know what you are made of?
The efforts of the Greek community have averted a catastrophic outcome for Greek and Italian, and their communities.
The start of autumn taking its toll on citizens and local authorities.
Bentleigh Greens will be attempting to make it through to the FFA Cup semi-finals for the second time in three years when it hosts A-League powerhouse Melbourne Victory.
Victoria, the unstoppable nanny state.
Allan (Agapitos) Cresswell is a household name throughout Australia for those who are descendants of Kastellorizians.
Fotis Kapetopoulos explains why mainstream political leadership should not err on the side of caution, or of subtle rejection and politeness to the views expressed in One Nation.
George Kambosos pushes his limits to become Australia's next world champion.
Jess Hatzis shares the secret of her success, as one of the co-founders of the Frank Body skin care range.
The club announced on Wednesday morning that Lozanovski had taken the decision to step down for personal reasons.
Having travelled to 65 Greek islands (and counting), Billy Cotsis reveals his top 10 favourites, based on personal experiences, beauty, aura and history.
Brisbane restaurateur Elli Parmaklis of the Little Greek Taverna wins the case against Little Greek Cuzina.
Now open for nominations.
The artist won the award with his hyper-real portrait of lawyer and former child soldier in Sudan, Deng Adut.
Molyvos' rustic menu of authentic and delicious Hellenic flavours and Greek wines places it among the best wine restaurants and bars in Manhattan.
Dr Mattheos Fraidakis and his team of medical experts bring people closer to the blessing called parenthood.
Pastry chef Anna Polyviou and Philip Vakos' Bahari restaurant named on this year's much-anticipated list.
Giannis Antetokounmpo becomes third European basketball import to sign US$100m deal.
Greece has a lot of ground to cover in order to escape the never-ending crisis − and that is 100 per cent accurate.