Dora's recipe: Crispy roasted potatoes
A recipe for classic Cypriot style roasted potatoes
* Thank you to Agatha Ioannou Ingredients: Small potatoes peeled Juice of one lemon Vegetable oil Salt and pepper Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 C 2. Prick the potatoes once with a knife 3. Rub potatoes with lemon juice 4. Pepper and salt them 5. Fill a baking dish 3/4 with vegetable oil 6. Put in the potatoes and bake turning over 7. Bake till golden brown NOTE: Another version sent to me from Greece is this one 1. Smash the potatoes slightly 2. Put the oil in a deep fry pan and bring to the boil 3. Add the potatoes and allow to cook lowering the heat 4. When they are brown remove and put into a baking dish without the oil 5. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered coriander, 1/2 cup dry white wine, salt and pepper 6. Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C (turning half way through) for 8-10 minutes
- Register Now
- Giving back
- Calombaris vetoes Macca's
- 'I'm here to stay'
- Aussie seeks compensation for Athens shoot-out
- Athens stock market to reopen
- Dardalis Archives halfway there
- Greek islands go under the hammer
- McMaster weighs in on Goodes controversy
- Haloumi to be given protected status
- AFL in Greek: 'Many Cultures, One Game'
Greece issued a decree on Saturday which allowed Greek lenders to reopen their branches across the country for limited transactions.
Case before a Melbourne court to test car-sharing company's legality
A documentary by renowned filmmaker Yorgos Avgeropoulos focusing on the development of the Greek crisis from its early stage
Thyme (thymari) is usually sprinkled on roast meat and fish and pairs perfectly well with lemon, even in this delicious recipe for wafers you can find below.
Anti-austerity protesters hurled petrol bombs at police
Sotiris Dounoukos talks about his approach to films both as a director and an observer.
Successful businessman Larry Kestelman answers the call.
The reforms will have to take place regardless of the bailout.
Another forgotten Greek kingdom.
The Australian network to reach Greece and beyond.
Hawthorn downs the undefeated
Old Xaverians to the tune of six goals
Comedians Basile, Mike Marino and Tahir join forces for a side-splitting performance
Involvement in physical and social activities is key to tackling childhood obesity.
Hellenes share their views on where Greece went wrong.
GS points to ditching US stocks and piling into a weaker euro
Helen Kapalos steps up to the plate.
Hints & tips on the fish that deserve a place at your table and signs that should draw your attention as a consumer.
As Anastasia Trahanas documents and gives voice to the marginalised and vulnerable of society, she pushes boundaries and perceptions of reality.