Dora's recipe: Crispy roasted potatoes
A recipe for classic Cypriot style roasted potatoes
* Thank you to Agatha Ioannou Ingredients: Small potatoes peeled Juice of one lemon Vegetable oil Salt and pepper Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 C 2. Prick the potatoes once with a knife 3. Rub potatoes with lemon juice 4. Pepper and salt them 5. Fill a baking dish 3/4 with vegetable oil 6. Put in the potatoes and bake turning over 7. Bake till golden brown NOTE: Another version sent to me from Greece is this one 1. Smash the potatoes slightly 2. Put the oil in a deep fry pan and bring to the boil 3. Add the potatoes and allow to cook lowering the heat 4. When they are brown remove and put into a baking dish without the oil 5. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered coriander, 1/2 cup dry white wine, salt and pepper 6. Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C (turning half way through) for 8-10 minutes
- Register Now
- One-on-one with Anastasia Katselas and Faye Kontos
- Melbourne cafe inspired by 1950s Greek delicatessens
- Golden Dawn are Nazis, plain and simple
- Developer Con Nikiforides dies age 56
- Greek Jewish community hails citizenship decision
- Healthy Greek olive oil bottled and consumed like medicine
- Commemorating the 196th anniversary of the Greek Revolution
- Dijsselbloem: Southern Europe spent EU money on "drinks and women"
- WHO: Greece far exceeds normal rate of C-section births
- New animation by Pixar veteran based on Greek myths
- Four dead in tragic accident on Greek highway
- Turkey threatens Greece and Cyprus
- Parthenon voted the most beautiful building in the world
- RIP George Hatzipanagiotis
- World's most beautiful street located in Greece
- Parthenon Marbles resurgence
- Healthy and delicious meals to carry us through Greek Orthodox Lent
- Brother of alleged Bourke Street murderer, Angelo Gargasoulas jailed for two months
- Greece looks to become top tourism destination in the world
- The best IGA in the world belongs to a Greek migrant from Ikaria
The feature explores the creative renaissance Greece is currently experiencing, as the number of holidaymakers from the UK skyrockets.
The love for Greek-inspired gold jewellery sold among bouquets of flowers.
A feast of Hellenic flavours on Australian television.
'I don't want it to be a man's world, but I don't want it to be a woman's world either'.
Dr Heather Jackson will present a lecture on 'Images of Myth and Life: the University of Melbourne Collection of Greek Vases'.
Theodore Kyriakou's awarded casual diner has brought King's Cross back to life.
Clothing label The Kooples is presenting a free photography exhibition in Melbourne this month as part of VAMFF.
The 53-year-old singer found dead in his home on Christmas Day passed away from a heart condition.
The investment by Philip Morris International is the biggest in Greece since the crisis started in 2010, creating 400 new jobs.
Mr Savvides currently also serves as Chairman of World Vision Australia.
The 27-year-old came first in the women's pole vault event in Serbia.
Commission considering more penalty cuts in the hair and beauty, tourism, clubs and restaurant industries.
The Greece-based company was awarded the Top Rated Retail Interiors Project 2016 award.
This month Toli Koutsimanis will come up against Victorian Heavyweight champion, Mini Nachar in the fight to continue his undefeated professional record.
The Red's performance was disappointing, while APOEL put the pressure on too late.
There's never been a better time to be a football agent.
Made from a family recipe with real milk, owner John Konstas couldn't be happier about the win.
The American Hellenic Council issued an official statement against Turkish production The Ottoman Lieutenant.