Dora's recipe: Crispy roasted potatoes
A recipe for classic Cypriot style roasted potatoes
* Thank you to Agatha Ioannou Ingredients: Small potatoes peeled Juice of one lemon Vegetable oil Salt and pepper Method: 1. Preheat oven to 180 C 2. Prick the potatoes once with a knife 3. Rub potatoes with lemon juice 4. Pepper and salt them 5. Fill a baking dish 3/4 with vegetable oil 6. Put in the potatoes and bake turning over 7. Bake till golden brown NOTE: Another version sent to me from Greece is this one 1. Smash the potatoes slightly 2. Put the oil in a deep fry pan and bring to the boil 3. Add the potatoes and allow to cook lowering the heat 4. When they are brown remove and put into a baking dish without the oil 5. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered coriander, 1/2 cup dry white wine, salt and pepper 6. Bake in a preheated oven on 180 C (turning half way through) for 8-10 minutes
- Register Now
- Multicultural supremo under fire
- Never too early: babies and bilingualism
- Australians weigh in on Germany's debt to Greece
- Artisan jewellery fit for the ancients
- Cyprus signs military deal with Russia
- Varoufakis: funding problem lies ahead
- Why Varoufakis was suspended from the Greek program of SBS radio
- Shorten offers Greece help for Parthenon Marbles
- FFV's president talks NPL, FFA Cup
- Merkel says 'much work ahead' for Greece
- Five-year-old thrown out of church by priest
- Pan-Lemnian Organisations gather in Melbourne
- The 'Aussie' who may save Greece
- Vic police need your help to find missing man
- Food and healing in ancient Greece
- Never on Sunday - always on Saturday
- Tsipras has sights set on Australia
- Grandfather puts up unexpected fight
- Bobolas hoarding house up for land value sale in Bondi
- Four in 10 new pensioners aged under 62
War reparations back on the table.
Right in time for Valentines Day, Dean Kalimniou discusses the Greek community's favourite love songs.
The Red's lead diminished to only three points after Panathinaikos win the derby 2-1.
Australian Formula One driver, Daniel Ricciardo, nabs top spot in 'Star in a Reasonably Priced Car' challenge.
Archie Thompson is the league's all-time scoring leader with 84 goals and has played in two championship teams
The Palesviaki Ouzo Festival is on this Sunday, boasting lots of live music and free flowing ouzo.
From the get go the Greek sponsored teams are showing they are once again the teams to beat in the Victorian NPL season.
Ten-year-old Victoria Kokkinos' heavenly voice competes for first place.
Greece's finance minister says Greece's debt problems must be solved as part of a rejection of austerity policies for the euro zone as a whole.
Melbourne Greek schools are starkly different to what many in the community experienced 10 or 20 years ago. Now Greek schools are changing tack and embracing multiculturalism.
Germany’s Vice Chancellor claims that the matter was settled following German reunification in 1990.
Media tycoon tweets on Greece's eurozone credentials.
29 Greek Australians prisoners of war who were captured during the Second World War commemorated.
Children aged four and up can take part in theatrical expression classes, all conducted in Greek.
After the successful launch of the Hellenic Australian Lawyers Association in Melbourne, a Queensland chapter has been opened.
Ange Postecoglou revealed he accepted Germany's friendly offer whilst the Socceroos were having their worst-ever run.
Deposits held by households and businesses fell 7.7 per cent in January.
Some of the world's leading fashion designers will debut their work in Adelaide.