The Level Crossing Removal Project is currently in the process of removing level crossings across Melbourne. The Oakleigh Station Upgrade is part of the project, which includes essential upgrades to the station forecourts and underpass to make it easier for people to travel through the area and access train services.
Below is a brief summary of a temporary change to the access of the underpass access currently in place at Oakleigh Station:
• As part of upgrades to the Oakleigh Station precinct, the pedestrian underpass is currently closed and will remain closed until early 2020.
• This will allow workers to safely carry out works to create a more spacious, well-lit and accessible space for all users.
• While these works are completed, a shuttle bus service will be operating to ferry people from one side of the station to the other. Alternatively, people can walk about 150 metres west and use the pedestrian overpass along Warrigal Road.
• We thank people for their patience while we undertake these essential works, which will enhance the look of the station precinct, make it easier for commuters to access city-bound trains, and improve the way people travel through the area.
• Visit levelcrossings.vic.gov.au/projects/oakleigh-station-upgrade for more information about the Oakleigh Station Upgrade.
Lonsdale Street works
Parents taking their children to Greek lessons at the Greek Centre in Lonsdale Street on Saturday, 12 October, should be aware that one lane will be closed from 8am to 6pm due to works being carried out in the area.
Lessons will take place as usual, however there may be delays on the road due to construction works being carried out.