The chances of qualifying to the next round of the UEFA Champions League have come to an end for fans of Olympiacos.

The Greek team succumbed to the superiority of Tottenham in the second half, with the ‘spurs’ looking like they could score at any moment while on the counter attack as the away side watched on powerlessly.

And it all started so differently for Pedro Martins’ side. Just after the kick off, if there was one team looking like they had complete control over this encounter, that was Olympiacos.

And they made their point just after six minutes when Youssef El Arabi’s solo effort ended up in the back of the net of Tottenham goalkeeper Gazzaniga, leaving the entire London stadium in shock, Jose Mourinho included.

The home side appeared dazzled by Olympiacos’ display and as if that wasn’t enough, the visitors added more to their troubles, when a corner kick fell to the feet of Guillherme who made a clever backheel to the feet of Ruben Semedo, with the Portuguese getting ahead of three defenders to tap the ball into the back of the net and give the red-and-whites their second of the evening.

READ MORE: Greek Super League Round 11 Results: AEK clinch late point from Aris as Olympiacos fall victim to shock result in Nea Smyrni

Tottenham were at a loss and couldn’t find a way to get back into the game as Olympiacos seemed comfortable passing the ball around in midfield.

Yet in a moment of desperation late in the first half for the home side, Yassine Meriah failed to clear a low cross into the Olympiacos area and gave Dele Alli perhaps the easiest goal of his career.

This proved to be the start of Tottenham’s counter attack as just a few minutes after the start of the second half, they brought the game level, with Lucas Moura (questionably) challenging Kostas Tsimikas and getting the throw in from the right.

The visitors were caught with their defence out of place as a low cross found the feet of Kane, who had no trouble equalising.

Olympiacos came forward looking for an equaliser but eventually began to tire out.

The home side took advantage of this and slowly began to take possession and put the visitors under pressure.

On one of those chances, the ball fell to Serge Aurier who blasted Jose Sa to give Tottenham a 3-2 lead.

The final score was formed by Harry Kane, who netted his brace on the 77th after a wonderfully taken free kick by Christian Eriksen.

And so, Tottenham sealed their ticket for the next round, with Olympiacos needing a win on match day six against Crvena Zvezda in order to advance to the Europa League round of 32.