Adelaide United and Melbourne City delivered once more a spectacular draw in one of two tenth round A-League games featured this weekend, which was again marked by more postponements which have caused great disarray to the competition.

Sydney FC and Brisbane were also held to a stalemate in the other fixture which went ahead in a disappointing result for both sides.

Adelaide Utd-Melbourne City 2-2

Both sides fought hard in an exhilarating contest, delivering their second 2-2 result against one another this season.

The current A-League Champions scored first after some good team play which was finished off by winger Andrew Nabbout from close range (24’).

The Reds drew level on the hour mark thanks to striker George Blackwood after he tapped in the ball following a parry by keeper Tom Glover.

The Victorians regained their lead in the 66th minute after winger Mathew Leckie’s pass across the box was struck in by striker Jamie Maclaren.

City were dealt a huge blow when former Panathinaikos defender Nuno Reis gave away a penalty and received a second yellow red card (70’).

Glover dove to his right to keep the Adelaide winger Craig Goodwin’s spot-kick out, protecting the small lead.

City’s keeper was left helpless soon after when a header from a corner had him produce a diving save, with substitute striker Hiroshi Ibusuki’s shot (84’) hitting the rebound home to equalise for the hosts.

Defender George Timotheou played the entire match for Adelaide.

READ MORE: F3 derby to lead action-packed Saturday in spite of COVID-19

Sydney FC-Brisbane Roar 1-1

An even contest played out in the final fixture of this weekend with both clubs failing to convert their chances into goals.

The Sky Blues took the lead 34 minutes in thanks largely to a strong dribble from forward Elvis Kamsoba, who released midfielder Anthony Caceres into the box before he side-footed the ball into the bottom right corner.

Roar forward Nikola Mileusnic brought it level when his shot bounced past keeper Andrew Redmayne’s fingertips (40’).

Chances came for both teams but keepers Redmayne and Mackin Freke did their part to protect their respective goals, keeping it 1-1.

Sydney manager Steve Corica was left dismayed with the result.

“I’m a little bit disappointed we didn’t get all three points tonight. I think first half especially we dominated, we got the goal and gave away a sloppy one towards the end of the half,” Mr Corica said post-match.

“It probably evened up in the second half but we still had the better of the chances.”

The following fixtures were all postponed from this weekend: Macarthur-Western United, Perth-Wellington, Western Sydney-Melbourne Victory and Central Coast-Newcastle.

The last fixture was postponed after Arthur Papas’ Newcastle reported an outbreak of COVID-19 cases in their playing squad on Friday afternoon.

A-League Ladder (number of matches played in brackets)

1-Melbourne Victory: 14 (7)

2-Macarthur FC: 13 (6)

3-Western United: 12 (6)

4-Melbourne City: 10 (7)

5-Central Coast: 9 (5)

6-Sydney FC: 8 (7)

7-Adelaide United: 8 (8)

8-Western Sydney: 6 (6)

9-Newcastle Jets: 5 (5)

10-Perth Glory: 4 (4)

11-Wellington Phoenix: 4 (6)

12-Brisbane Roar: 2 (5)

Round 11 fixtures currently scheduled at the time of publication (times TBD, preliminary dates)

Western United-Wellington: Sat, 22 Jan

Perth-Newcastle Jets: Sat, 22 Jan

Melbourne City-Sydney FC: Sat, 22 Jan

Macarthur-WS Wanderers: Sat, 22 Jan

Brisbane Roar-Adelaide United: Sat, 22 Jan

CC Mariners-Melbourne Victory: Sat 22 Jan

* The FFA Cup semi-finals will be played midweek with Sydney FC facing Central Coast on Tuesday and Melbourne Victory up against Wellington Phoenix on Wednesday.