With the blessing of Archbishop Makarios of Australia, Bishop Themistocles of Nikopolis -better known as Fr Themi- is visiting Australia to share his missionary works in Sierra Leone, one of the poorest countries in the world.
In one of his first stops at the Greek Orthodox Community church of St Panteleimon in Dandenong on Sunday 31 July, parishioners and guests donated generously to Bishop Themi’s charity Paradise 4 Kids following the 9am liturgy, raising $35,000 in one hour.
“As you wish others to do to you, do to them,” Fr Themi said.
“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one’s weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
Bishop Themi will travel across Australia from now till 29 October when he returns to Africa. His itinerary includes:
- Sydney / Wollongong most of August
- Brisbane / Gold Coast – first two weeks of September
- Melbourne – in the third week of September
- Parramatta on the last Sunday of September
- Melbourne for the first two weeks of October
- Adelaide and Perth over the last two weeks of October
All donations are tax deductible.