Grants of up to $50,000 are now available to eligible businesses and community sport organisations in flood-affected areas, providing further support to those organisations that have had direct damage to property, assets, stock or equipment due to the recent floods across Victoria.
The Business and Community Sport Flood Recovery Grants, jointly funded by the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments, will help cover eligible expenses arising from direct damage due to floods.
These businesses and organisations must be located within a local government area deemed eligible for assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement.
According to information provided on the government website (business.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/business-and-community-sport-flood-recovery-grants), in order to apply for the Flood Recovery Grant, you need to first successfully apply for the $5000 one-off grant from either the Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program or the Community Sport Emergency Flood Assistance Program .
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be located within a local government area deemed eligible for assistance under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangement (‘defined disaster area’)
- have suffered direct damage to premises and/or tools of trade (e.g. equipment, plant)
- be primarily responsible for meeting the costs claimed
- intend to re-establish the business or organisation in the same area as the defined disaster area (local government area)
- provide satisfactory evidence of the loss or damage
- have been engaged in carrying on their business/functions when affected by the floods
- continue to meet the eligibility criteria for either the Small Business Immediate Flood Relief Program or the Community Sport Emergency Flood Assistance Program.
For assistance call 13 22 15 or register online for support from a Business Relief Adviser.