1 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups of flour
2 cups yoghurt
5 eggs, separated
2 1/2 tsp of baking powder
2 tsp of lemon zest
1 tbsp of orange blossom water
Preheat oven to 180°C.
1. Sift flour and baking powder and put aside.
2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar till white and fluffy, adding egg yolks one at a time.
3. Add yoghurt.
4. Add melted (not hot) butter.
5. Add the lemon zest.
6. Add the flour and mix well.
7. Beat egg whites into a meringue.
8. Add the meringue to the flour mixture, mixing it in gently but thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Do not overmix.
9. Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a preheated oven of 180c for 1 hour.
10. Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon.