If there is one celebrity who always seems to get their make-up right, it’s Jennifer Lopez. The sexy latina is notorious for her brown smokey eyes, glowing, golden complexion and that perfect nude lip. But even J.Lo didn’t always have it right.
Back in the early 90s around the time she starred in Money Train, she sported a paler complexion, unruly hair and a dark lip which actually made her appear older than what she does now!
Fast forward to the Jenny From the Block days of the late 1990s/early 2000s and enter the glossy, nude lip.
Mrs Lopez also added caramel highlights to her hair which instantly brightened her complexion and went loco with fleshy and tonal eyeshades.
She complemented her eyes with peach and bronze tones on her cheeks, finishing off with a highlighter for perfectly sculpted cheekbones.
She swapped her unruly hair for straight locks, or tousled waves. Other times she slicked back her hair into a sleek pony tail look which she often paired with hoop earrings to form her signature ‘ghetto glam’ look.
Today Mrs Lopez is looking better than ever- it’s like Jenny from the Block has frozen the time clock and travelled to Eggleston Hall Finishing School (Ladette to Lady) and come back, only more refined, but without having aged a bit!
She knows how to glam it up without being over dramatic, and manages to pull off the most sultry, smokey eyes that only Kim Kardashian seems to have gotten close to achieving. With the party season about to kick up its killer heels, it’s time to amp up the glam factor on your makeup look!
ModelCo Makeup Director, Leiane Taylor, who has worked with everyone from Nicole Richie to Helena Christensen shows you how to get J.Lo perfect smokey eyes.
1. First blend ModelCo COLOURBOX Eye Shadow in Costa Rica (a shimmery neutral shade) from brow-bone down to the crease
2. Next apply COLOURBOX Eye Shadow in Miami (a deep bronze shade) across the lid and blend into the crease
3. Use COLOURBOX Eyeliner in Black to line the top lash line, pull the skin taught so that you can get close to the lash line, also line the inner eye rim top and bottom for added depth, smudge the edge of the line slightly with your finger
4. Use COLOURBOX Eye Shadow in Cairo (a black shade with gold flecks) to blend slightly around eye for depth and intensity blending down and around – not out.
5. Curl the top lashes with Turbo LASHWAND Heated Eyelash Curler.
6. Finish by applying FIBER LASH Brush On Lashes to the top lashes for extra drama, then just use the extension mascara (without the fibres) on the lower lashes. ModelCo is available at David Jones, selected independents & www.modelco.com.au