3 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of olive oil or canola oil
½ cup sultanas
½ cup walnuts or almonds, coarsely crushed
½ cup ouzo or cognac
1 ½ cups of fresh orange juice
1 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 tablespoon orange zest
1. Heat oven to 170˚C
2. In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Make a hole in the centre of the flour and add all the ingredients.
4. Mix well and put in a greased and lined cake tin.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 170˚C for 45 minutes.
6. Cool, turn out and sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon.
7. You might like to replace the cinnamon with nutmeg or even a sprinkle of rosewater.