1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup butter
2 ½ cups flour
2 cups yoghurt
5 eggs, separated
2 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of lemon zest
1 tablespoon orange blossom water or rose water
1. Sift flour and baking powder and put aside.
2. Beat the eggs yolks with the sugar till white by adding the eggs one by one.
3. Add yoghurt (don’t beat, mix gently with a wooden spoon).
4. Add the lemon zest.
5. Add the flour and mix well with wooden spoon.
6. Beat the egg whites into a meringue.
7. Fold the meringue to the flour mixture gently but thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
8. Pour into a greased and lined cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for one hour.
9. Cool and sprinkle with icing sugar and cinnamon as desired.