a few fresh bay leaves
½ a bunch of fresh oregano
8 figs, halved
a few rounds of ricotta or other round cheeses, such as camembert
the zest of one orange
extra virgin olive oil
a few garlic cloves
a large handful of rocket
a few sprigs of fresh mint
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2. Place the bay leaves in a roasting tray, pick over the oregano and sit the ricotta on top. Season generously.
3. Scatter the figs around the cheese, finely grate over the orange zest then drizzle everything with oil and honey.
4. Rub the flavours into the cheese with your hands, scatter over the remaining oregano, then roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and firm.
5. Thinly slice the ciabatta, then peel and halve the garlic cloves. Preheat a griddle pan and cook the ciabatta. Rub the toast with the cut side of the garlic. Drizzle with oil and leave to one side.
6. Serve the roasted ricotta on a board with a stack of toast, the sticky figs and rocket and fresh mint on the side.